Home Sub-amplifier with Car subwoofer?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 907
i know its been asked alot about running car subs in your house... but i have a 8" sub in the basement i think its around 200 watts rms probably at 8 ohms.. if i hooked up a w3v2 to this amp would it be fine? does the power differ from home amplifier and car amplifier?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 916
whats the impedence of your w3v2? You should check the impedence the amp is seeing now and test it out with the w3v2 and see how it goes.

Bob365
Unregistered guest
If you got the dual 4 ohm version, you could wire the voice coils in series to run at 8 ohms.

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 915
jl is a dual 4 ohm so it can be hooked up to 8.. how do u test impendance on coils with multimeter?

Bob365
Unregistered guest
If you got the dual 4 ohm version, you could wire the voice coils in series to run at 8 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 303
switch the mulitmeter to the ohms setting and mesure the impedence off the sub woofer

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 929
k built a box yesterday and hooked it all up was working good.. got some friggin port noise though il have to flange them and hopefully that will fix it.. i was playing it pretty loud and then in stopped.. pulled the home amplifier out and i the fuse blew on it.. this would have nothing to do with the sub would it? i mean both subs will give it an 8 ohm load.. i figure the settings were just to jacked up and i played it to loud?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us