What is a good inexpensive amp for my subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 35
I am going to buy 2-kicker comp 10's (150watt srms 300watts max) which of the following would be a good inexpensive amp to power them?

Profile AP600
Directed 600D
Directed 750D...I can actually get it cheaper than the 600D.
Kicker 600MXS...which I have to find a place that will take money orders for it.
Well people what about it

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 4896
if you can wire them to 4ohms then the directed 600 will work. I have never heard of that kicker model before. I would look at the kicker kx 600.1 that would work at 4 ohms also. at 2 ohms they are too powerfull so you will need a much smaller amp.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1379
750d and keep gain set correctly, if those are dual 4 subs.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 105
Stick with the kicker amp. Polo..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
OK, I don't think they are dvc's but they are 4 ohms...any other ideas on a good mono amp...since these are too powerfull?

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 539
Comps are svc
I like the Profile option, but it would make more sense to me to go with a mono such as the ap700m or HA700m, even the HA1000M if you keep the gain low. All super cheap at millionbuy.com.

That kicker deal sounds like a scam. Money orders for an amp that doesn't exist? Bad news.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2068
hey michael,

i'm guessing you are on a budget...so i would prolly w/ a directed 750d and 2 Single 4ohm comp 10's.

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2119
you can get it here for $79+ship.

also...do you know of anyone in the monroe/west monroe area looking for custom sub boxes? i build boxes (ported, sealed, anything) cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2069
oh other thing...

if you get the directed 750d and later on you decide you want more bass...you could get 2 more comp 10's. you would just wire all 4 10's to the amp and it would be a good match...since you would have 4 SVC 4ohm subs.

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 226
look at hifonics, great on a budget

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
well, guess I can say "never mind" right now. I've decided to buy a good HU instead. You can see my post in Head Units section....Looks like I will be going with Pioneer Premiere
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us