JL 8W7

Username: Ergodyne

Post Number: 6
Has anyone heard this sub in action? Or does anyone own one (or 2) for that matter? How does it perform compared to the 10w7?

Bronze Member
Username: Miriamrowland

Ft. drum, New york Us

Post Number: 40
i have 2 w7 10's and i have heard a w7 8 in the jl H.O. box and it hitts but i would not recomend getting the 8's when you could have the 10's

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5577
I'd take a 10W6v2 over an 8W7. Mounting depth is about the same, 10W6v2 has a smaller box requirement, SPL is about the same, IMO better SQ from the 10W6v2 as well.

8W7 is a great 8" sub, but it isn't all that practical saying most people wanting 8s have regular cab trucks, just overall tight spaces that require small enclosures. 8W7 is too deep and require too large an enclosure to be used in those types of applications.

Username: Ergodyne

Post Number: 7
hmm, i guess i'll just have to compare hearing a 10w6v2 or a 10w7. I plan or running a JL 500/1 so which of these two would be the better all around driver? what is the main difference in these subs besides power handling and svc & dvc?

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 594
the 500/1 will work for either sub. it depends on your budget and what you like best between the w6v2 or the w7. the w7 will get louder but then again it does depend on the enclosure.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1012
the 8w7 is a nice sub, i have a friend with 2 in his car, hes gonna put 2 more in soon, you gotta have about 4 to get the low end from such a small sub. sounds great though. running the pair on an Xtant 1000.1, gonna run the second pair on another.

its just more practical to get one or a pair of 10's or 12's then a bunch of 8's.

i'd try to listen and compare the 10W7 and 10W6v2, see which one you like best.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us