Alteraudiousa

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1644
i noticed in a post of urs u mention the 16ov.2.
What woofers would u compare that to in SQ. SPL?
Would u say its alright to make say a 3-4 cubic foot box and tune it low liek 25Hz be fine?
just wondering

Bronze Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 63
The 16ov.2 is a unique subwoofer. High extension makes it an easy sub to blend into a moderate front stage. I think the sub was the peakiest at about 65hz when i had it tuned to 28hz. I'd say the SQ is close to the W6(tight accurancy) but the output is a that of a W3. Low end is a little lacking, 35hz and down range. I don't think it has the low end the older AE had but a more efficient driver than the AE. Actually very efficient, i had 600rms and thought i could do with a little less, maybe a good 450rms. I didn't play around with it too long, maybe 1MO so maybe a little more time i could have found something better. I would say the ED subs IMo play best when sealed. SQ i'd give it an 8/10(the lack of output at 35hz or down and the peaky 65hz takes away the 2points), output i'd give it a 7.5/10, but performance to price, 9/10. For the price of the 15 its hard to pass up and will destroy almost any brand you find in stores like BB, CC, and even some custom shops midlevel and down. Given more time with it i may have found results that i was looking for.

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 822
man do you have a store in Concord?

Bronze Member

Concord

Post Number: 72
B thats like the third time you've asked me. I wish i did but i don't. Early last year and 04' before lot of my car guys moved we hung out and ran through all these tests and tried out everything we could get our hands on. It was kinda when companies like SI, SS, RE, ED, and Adire were really starting to take it to JL and some of the high store brands. So we tried out everything. Quite fun.

Dane what are you looking for for a sub? SS RL-p is very similar to the Ov.2. It has the high end extension of the Ov.2 and how accurate it is is the same but the RL-p has a tighter low end to it and its output is better. They cost close to the same, RL-p is cheaper. Or just get my favorite, Stereo Integrity Mag 12 or 15 D2, i can't keep myself from talking about it, its an amazing sub.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1645
im really lookin towards the AA arsenal due to its low price, low extension and high output. Id liek an SI mag but thats a big chunk of omney

Bronze Member

Concord

Post Number: 81
350$ for a sub that will match a XXX in output and a Brahma in SQ is hard to beat. But so is the price of the AA's right now too. I had been looking at them but i'm afraid that if i did buy them i would still upgrade to a Mag a few months later and i'd rather just start out right( the way i want to) than start with something else i'll probably scrutinize over how it plays. Plus i love it when W7 owners come and try and tell me how great their sub is because it cost them 700$ and how they got it professionally installed using special screws, and then i let them hear my Mag.

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 532
ahhh that sub looks wicked nice i wanna hear one lol and your in Concord?.... NH?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us