Crossfire BMF Decisions...

Username: Radzer0

Post Number: 6
So i really have 2 choices.
2 10's in a ported probox tuned to 40hz.
2 12's in a sealed probox 1.4cu ft per sub.

What do you guys think? Ive heard that the 2 10's will be louder. And ive also been told that the 2 12's in a sealed will be slightly less loud but travel better. Also i was brought up about the 2 12's later on i can get a custom ported box to make even louder so i could use the same subs.

What are you guys opinions? Ive read online that the BMF's are made for sealed enclosures but just work well in ported boxes.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1927
2 12's sealed...punchy and pretty loud
2 10's vented...louder ,but not as punchy

IMHO, go 2 10's vented w/ ~1.5cuft (net) each...but i would tune to them 32-35hz instead of 40hz. (what is their Fs?)

(or the 2 12's VENTED :-))

Post Number: 10
Unless u can direct me in the lines of a GOOD prebuilt box im gonna be using one of 2 proboxes. The 2 12's hatch box or the superbass dual 10's.

I have found some good designed boxes that will fit what i need but ive been told by more than 1 person the BMF's with a vr1000d will blow the box apart over time

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1929
proboxes are built pretty well...i have installed quite a few of them. they are just expensive, and dont know what frequency their "superbass" boxes are tuned to. you could prolly call probox and find out though.

i have a friend w/ 2 L7 12's in one of their superbass boxes...it gets pretty darn loud, but it wont drop low (the box kinda acts like it is tune to ~40hz)

another friend has 2 pioneer premier 12's in a superbass probox w/ 2 Solid Audio 1000w amps (not sure if they really produce 1000w each though) and he does 144.5-145.5 on the termlab in a jeep cherokee.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Probox superbass are all tuned at 40hz.

Anybody ever heard of hooker audio enclosures?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Bump...

Bronze Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 24
Hey guys what the he11 is up with everyone saying "Bump" after they post???

Bronze Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 25
Bump.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1979
"Bump" means:

i am saying one word in a reply to my own thread and posting it in order to bump my thread to the top of the forum so people will see it and respond. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us