153db on TL Meter

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 741
Ive just heard the loudest system in my entire life!
I almost got sick... Let me tell you 153 on TL mic is just out-freakin-rageous! lol
Team Deaf Squad

My boi has 4 of the TSXs 15! 10 Areo Ports! He really turned it up last night!!! It was so loud, loud enough to make people run outside of the mall !!!!!!!!!!
All the car alarms in the entire parking lot did there thing!!!
I got back into my car, and nothing seemed loud. lamo
Woke up this morning, ears are still ringing..

^^ That is his old system, he is now about to try hit 156s

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 350
I wish I was there. (I'd bring my deaf friend just to watch him freak out) lmao...

Bronze Member
Username: Clacla100

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 53
Have you gotten your car metered yet? im thinking about getting two 12" treo's did you need your high output alternator for the 12"

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 746
yea, im goin Bass race/Db drag in ATL this SAT coming. But No I have not got it metered yet, I will be soon. Bass race is going to be LOUD, they will all be metered on the TL! If its not measured on the new TL Meter its not really accurate.
He said by listen by ear, im at the 145ish range on the TL. I cant wait to meter it... I can do 150ish range with my current subs. Ill be proving that soon.

Cory those 12 Treos sounded great to me, I loved mines. Depending on your amp is if you will need a HO alt.

But like I was sayin 53s is insanely loud... So if you think your system is loud, just be satisfied with it. lamo
I know a few people got theirs measured on the Term Lab, if so list the number bellow.

Bronze Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 70
What amp he got pushing them 4 TSX's?

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 750
Cant tell ya all the secrets but a MeanMachine Maxsonics amplifier. =D

Bronze Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 71
autotek?

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 205
u can tell me. Just post the secret and tell everyone else not to read it.Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1701
ur boy got a tahoe?

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 757
yea Trevor, on black rims; u know him. lol

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1117
4 15's and all he hit was 153,LOL, my friend has 2 10inch shocker sigs and hits 152, so if he had 4 15's he would easily be in the 160 range.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 761
Dustin did he measure on the TL Meter? if not, i dont care. And size has nothing to do with it kid.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1936
B,

153 is loud...PERIOD.
but what frequency was that at? is it a system built just for SPL, or for daily driving?

if he is doing 153dB at 45hz or lower...that would be fvckin crazy. the loudest i have ever experienced is 161.xdB at like 55hz...all i have to say about it is holy sh!t.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 767
he said truck peaks 45hz, box tune to 36hz but adjustable for daily & comp. 10 ports faced back, subs firing up, they had hell of alot of excursion. Ports can be sealed off. 61db is out of this world. There is a guy Baldwin doing 61 in Street Max 3-4. With some dds and crowns. =D

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 768
Marshall what are you hiting on the TL? didnt you measure on TL?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1942
yea...tahoes tend to peak pretty low. 153dB at 45hz will rattle ya. (i know 148 at 48hz is fun :-)) once you get SUV's in the high 140's range, its hard to get to that next +1dB...there is just so much air to move in them.

i HOPE to break 152 w/ mine in my truck late summer. i'm gonna get a second SX15 and do a semi-wall.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1943
yea..i do 148 on the TL

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 770
yea, it was alot of freakin air in there. Nice # on TL real nice. 153 is loud, you see allusions.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1702
thats nice info to know. being that an escalade is basically a tahoe... it seems like 40hz for me seems the most impressive but i dont knwo what actually hits the highest numbers. i want to hit as close to 150 as i can with a daily setup. i just dont know how i want to do it yet. possibly 2 SI Mag 15s, maybe 3 tsx 15s. or possibly even with just 1 new xxx 15? idk. ive got time though. well time to think. i dont really have time to do anything right now though lol. i dont know him B, lol. ive seen him post something on some forum before though. im looking into black wheels also. 22s. but again, that prolly wont be for a lil while.. do you know by any chance, B, how much port area your buddy has? and how many watts is he giving to each sub when he hit that 153?

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 772
Trevor, yea truck loves 45hz. Not sure on port area. Treo rep told him 1000rms all day. =D Someone else tested at 1500 rms a peice daily safe, years. 2nd tested 1 TSX with 4000rms for 2hrs a day, lasted a month. Remeber this is a 400-500rms sub. Thats why they are the most underatted. Not just the Tsx, but the whole company TREO. My 2cents

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1707
thanks B. i was just wondering because if he has regular sized ports i think i could make up for some SPL with a larger box and like 140SI of port or something. was he running 4000w rms? because if i ran 3 i would only give them 500w a piece. i dont want to buy more than a 250A alt and i already have a 1000/1 so id just get a 500/1 for the 3rd sub. hmm im not sure what i should do. oh well ive got time. maybe if i run into a lot of money id run 4 also lol.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 773
=D yea, he had 2000 on each with a 270a alt, optimas, 10 Aero ports, they were long, stuck out of the box facing back. But those TSX will get plenty loud with 500 on them!!!! Im goin to take some pics this weekend, ill post at Bass race.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1120
well i don't know if it was on the new tl or the old one, and he acutally hit 156 but since i don't know which mic it was on i tell every1 its 152, since the new mic is 3db harder or whatever, and it was measured on the windsheld.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1121
mabey it will bump this time.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 779
new meter is 5-6db harder!
153 on the TL is just sickenin. It made the bone in my nose vibrate, it hit so freakin loooWwwW. I was seenin blur spills. it looked like the hu was coming out, but it was not. =D
Thats what you call LOUD!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1950
hey B,

what do you meter?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1123
LOL i know, i can't sit in my friends car for more than a few minutes, but his isn't really low but its punchy as he11, which i think makes it worse.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 117
does anyone know how much TL mic's are and where to find one?

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 780
I havent metered yet Marshall. No where locally has a good TL meter. The team is doing a group buy soon. =D I hope I get it measured soon b4 I change amps. Cause I would like know what Im doing now. Cause their outrageous.
I dont like punchy, I like vibrate everything; I Love the looowwwwwWWwws... lamo
It was low enough to vibrate the bone in my Nose!!!! Stop think about it, NO Sh!t! Take your hand and wiggle your nose, try to vibrate the bone!! ; hope you understand how lowww that is, and how much pressure was on my body! It got insanely low. lol

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 781
about $700 shiped.

Order Line: 800-655-0010
Tech Support: 208-773-3371
Fax: 208-773-3391

Term-LAB USB Measurement Systems

* Includes Term-LAB software
* USB Interface (cable included)
* Interface Box with Power Supply
* 1 or 2 each 180 dB High Precision SPL Sensors
* 1 or 2 each 25' Sensor Cables
* Use 3 ways ... Term-LAB software, AC Voltmeter, Existing SPL Meter.

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 118
do you need a loptop on hand to use it?

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 788
yes, pc or laptop. & software etc

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1952
yes...the TL needs a computer.

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 119
I never seen one I live in a HiKc towwn.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1960
B,

is this the truck you are talking about?

http://www.termpro.com/asp/framer.asp?ImageURL=/dbdrag/memberalbum/48446b1.jpg&C aption=Ronnie%20Peay%20Jr.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 811
:-D Thats 1 loud truck marshall. About to put 2 18s in it. Goal 156.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1715
wait. what 18s? CSX? SSX? or what. cause there arent tsx 18s lol.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 816
SSIs trevor. lol
SSX too expensive, 1000 each.
18s lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us