Whats the best security you can get??

Username: Tacticaltrench

Post Number: 6
I have a 2-way compustar remote start car alarm. The other day, my car alarm went off while I was in a theatre. It alerted me. I swear, I got to my car in less than a minute. No one was there. My passenger window had been broken, the glove compartment was opened, the fuse box cover ripped out on the floor, the trunk release button was obviously pressed, the trunk was open and my box, 2 kicker subs and amp, was all gone... They did leave the wires broken and torn as there were wires dangling about 5 ft from my trunk. They had ripped the amp even though it was mounted..

So can you guys tell me what sorta security I can get so they dont take my stuff? Maybe disable the trunk release button in the glove compartment and only allow key entry to trunk? Bulletproof windows? I dont know. Anyone know what to do because I want to upgrade my security before I try putting stuff in again. Thanks.

Post Number: 7
Bump

Anyone know? Maybe some homemade devices to detour theives or prevent them from jacking your stuff?

DeviousD
Unregistered guest
A guard dog. It works for me and you can even leave the windows open.

DeviousD
Unregistered guest
A guard dog. It works for me and you can even leave the windows open.

Silver Member
Username: Nocc1n

US

Post Number: 178
thats the sole reason why I took my trunk release out. and dont bump as soon as you stop at your destination.

Bronze Member
Username: Catalin

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 57
Steven did they do anything to your Compustar antenna??

Bronze Member
Username: Celica150db

Australia

Post Number: 41
did you have everythink out in the open so people could see it????

if so COVER UP EVERYTHINK!

no one can see
* my sub box its covered you wouldn't notice its there without knowing about it!
* my amps are all covered with a false floor over them!

Post Number: 8
they didnt do anything to my compustar antenna nor anything else... They didnt tak emy $300 camera lying in the floor on passenger side nor di they take my $200 ipod Laying in between driver and passenger seat... They just took my subs, box, and amp in trunk...

Yeah, there musta been only 2 screws to hold my amp in cause those 2 screws are still there but no amp... My sub box was just a box with subs in it, and u could easily yank it out i guess.

Im thinking maybe bolt em in with high quality security screws or something.

How you cover the amps with a false floor? And How you hide the sub sticking out of the box?

Bronze Member

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 58
The reason why I asked is that the antenna, if it's mounted on the windshield like Compustar suggests, can easily be disabled without paging you. Well I should say on imports where the window frame is weak.
I found out the hard way with a vehicle I installed a system in a few years ago.

Anyways, the sub and amp(s) can be installed in a false floor in the trunk. Kind of hard to explain it to you from step one, but if you search around and have a look at some pics then you'll know what I mean.

You can find lots of vehicles at www.meisearch.com

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 42
tint the back windows so they are really dark!

I'll try to take a pic and show you the false floor!

with the sub box cover it with a sheet or blanket when your not in the car!

and also make sure none of your friends or people that know you have not jacked your stuff! coz

"the glove compartment was opened, the fuse box cover ripped out on the floor, the trunk release button was obviously pressed"

someone would have had to of known that stuff!!

Anonymous

****Catalin Capota****
"Anyways, the sub and amp(s) can be installed in a false floor in the trunk. Kind of hard to explain it to you from step one, but if you search around and have a look at some pics then you'll know what I mean."

true now take a look at who talked about puttin in a false floor!! i believe it was celica150db!!!

you just dribbled some sh!t about
"Compustar antenna"

try taking credit off a guy next time not a chick!!

Bronze Member

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 59
What's the unamed person talking about?? Are you insinuating that I don't know what I'm talking about and/or that I'm a chick?

And I actually didn't read celica150db's whole post, so my appologies. Either way you look at it, if it's at all possible for you to comprehend, I could have been acknowledging the fact that a false floor is a good idea.

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 47
^^^^ anonymous was talkin about me! im a chick you d!ck!

at least you got the balls to say you were wrong!

and the false floor is to hide the amps not show them off anymore then needed!

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 48
oh another idea bolt your sub box to the floor!!

Bronze Member

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 61
Hostility oh plenty around here..... why help out when you can bash someone right?

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 50
^^^ what's your problem??

who's bashin who???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us