Need your opinion!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudiofanatic

Post Number: 27
i was just curious on whether a hifonics brutus bx1205d mono amplifier for two audiobahn alum12n subwoofers. they are running 1000 watts rms a piece and are dvc 6ohm. i figured with it being a mono and all each sub would see the full 1200 but im not sure could you guys plz help me out on this one. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5069
er - when u run 2 speakers/subs the overal wattage divides in 1/2 so if its 1000 then each sub will receive 500........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
how can it divide in half if it is a mono and is 1 channel it should send the 1200 to each shouldnt it considering its a 1 channel

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5073
wattage is not like house current whether or not u plug in 2/3/4 appliances it will get the same 110 volts

in loose terms wattage gets diveded by the no of speakers/subs attached to that 1 source - if its 1000 & u hook up 3 it roughly = 333.333 if u hook up 4 then its 250 each will be getting .

If ur a newb then i strongly suggests that u do some reading here www.bcae1.com ........

Username: 04yellowgto

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Post Number: 2
how are you planning on wiring the subs?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4913
Hey Rovin,
So this is where you hang out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
i intend to wire them down to 1ohm hoping they would both see the full 1200 a piece. but i am not for sure should this amp be enough to push the power needed for those subwoofers.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 413
the amp doesn't know how many speakers are connected to it, only the impedance. Whether you have 100 subs wired for a 1 ohm load (12w a piece) or 1 sub at 1 ohm (1200W), it will only do 1200w at 1 ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
ok good so then the subs will see 1200 a piece. excellent. that is what you are saying right.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 418
geez dude

Upload

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 419
It's a 1200 watt amp. How is it magically going to make 2400??<br>
<br>
If you put 4 subs on it at 1 ohm is it suddently a 4800w amp??
If it is, we've just solved the world's energy problems!!

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 638
^^^LOL

Like optidriven said, the amp don't know how many subs you have connected to it. All the amp knows is the load that the subs combined make. If you wire your subs to a 1ohm load and plug it into your amp, then your amp will put out 1200. That 1200 is for the 1 ohm load, so how ever many subs you got connected to make that 1ohm load, then that 1200 is going to be distributed among them. If you have 2 subs, then it's 600 watts each. If you have 4 subs, they will see 300 watts each. It NEVER muliplies, but ALWAYS divides

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4956
The all knowing sub :-)

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 748
mathew amps put out the wattage that they are rated at.....doesnt matter how many subs...its 1200 TOTAL

think about it...if amps played there rated amount of watts to EACH sub u hook up to it.....you could hook up 100 subs and get 100000 watts......notttt gonna happen

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 640
well said :-)

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 634
mmm.... 100,000 watts. *drools*

Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 7
Now if each voice coil had an impedence of 0 the wattage would carry over wouldn't it? How about 100 12" subs with dual 0 ohm voice coils, lol. They would never overheat....;) Polo..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us