12" Type-R's: Sealed/Ported

Bronze Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Post Number: 68
Do these sound better in a sealed or ported box. Right now I have mine in a sealed box while I wait for the company that installed my stuff to get their custom ported boxes in. Apparently once I throw it in a ported box the guy said they would sound "twice as loud." For shizzle?

D

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2078
the sealed was better for me. i had mine in a ported first but after i changed it to sealed, it sounded much better for me.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1054
ive never owned any r's , but ive listened to both . I like them in sealed alot better

Bronze Member
Username: Grat81

Carbondale, IL USA

Post Number: 55
Can't go wrong with sealed. Gotta love that low kickazz clean bass :-) my X's are sealed and they sound suw - wheet!

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2082
yeah at first i had my type xs in ported and i didn't like it. i wanted to change my subs. but now i got my subs in sealed and i love it.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 880
i dunno about that guys.. i had some type r's sealed they were pretty good. (sold them to a friend) where pretty damn loud in his truck sealed... he wanted more so i made him a ported box 2.1 per chamber tuned to 36 hz .. was so much louder and sq was still good (other than everything in his truck rattling and the roof flexing a good 1 1/2 lol)

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1061
its just an opinion , this subject is always very debatible , you'll never see everyone say the same

Bronze Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Post Number: 71
Well I'll let you guys know what I think when I have them swap the boxes. It sounds pretty loud right now as it is, but apparently the box they are getting in is completely custom... I forget exactly everything the guy said that was done w/ it but I will take pictures of all my stuff when I get it done.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us