Damping..

Bronze Member
Username: Jbump

Nebraska City, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 36
Anyone have any good ways to dampin the trunk latch, or any input on some dynamat spray?
Bump..

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 490
lol i put sum on my latch an i had 2much an the latch was stickin an it tolk like 10 mins 2 get it bac open lol

Silver Member
Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 116
How would you all go about stopin the bumber from rattling?

Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 9
I bought a dynamat xtreme bulk pack to try to tackle my severe trunk rattle. I only used about 4 sheets out of the 9. I dynamat'd 90% of my trunk lid, as well as the far back wall of my trunk (closest to rear bumper). The rattling went from a 9/10 to a 7/10. The SPL inside the car improved probably about 150%. I bet if I put another layer on the trunk lid it would improve SPL even more. My car is a 2D coupe, if you have an SUV you probably won't notice as much of an improvement in SPL as you do in a car with a closed trunk. As for stopping the rattling, try finding some high strength expanding foam spray. This will not improve SPL at all but will expand inside the rattling area and physically hold the pieces from moving. Dynamat is more for improving SPL, expanding foam is probably the best for stopping rattle.

Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 10
"My car is a 2D coupe, if you have an SUV you probably won't notice as much of an improvement in SPL as you do in a car with a closed trunk." - [From dynamatting]
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us