PLZ Help!!

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 219
got my HU back from repair (alpine CDE-9843), hooked it into the harness, and nothing, so i had to run a new power and ground. got that done. but my power is constant. i dont need ignition on to turn on HU. just power on, power off, on the HU.
started hooking up amp (street beat 600 watt 4 channel) to my 500 watt 15 inch clarion (bridge it). ran my ground stright to the battery to avoid problems this time, and my positive to the battery, got my remote wire hooked up, sub and RCA wires. but i have no power at my amp, and i have seemed to lost my keys for my ignition. why wont my amp work? is it because i dont have the igniton on?
i dont need any one telling me it wont work cuz its all low end stuff, i dont need that stuff right now. all i want to do its gett the crap working!

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1120
First off the power is not hookedup correctly, the yellow should be constant and the red switched, if you have no power at harness then you need to find out why, it has to do with the car, if the radio comes on then the remote wire should have power, take a test light and make sure your getting power from behnid the radio, and make sure it is not connected to the power antenna lead from radio.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 221
no. in my van the yellow and red are backwords from factory. all my wiring has been tampered with. i just did a quick job at getting it to work... i have to rewire it through the fuse box i think... what about my amp?? im not really worried about HU right now...
i have all my stuff outside in the dark and the doors open and im here hoping for a quick answer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1123
All we care about is from the radio colors, yellow and red, what kind of van is it, I want to look up diagram?

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 222
its a 91 astro... i already know that it is the other way around in these vans... i had this problem when i was putting my HU in, and ecoustics.com helped me sort it out with a bunch of diagrams... i want my amp to work man!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1125
the constant s/b orange(car off) and the yellow s/b switched car on). make sure you have power to bioth of them, if not you have a fuse problem and your radio s/b hooked to those wires.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 223
i know i have a fues problem already.

Now How About The Amp???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1126
make sure that the amp turn on is hooked to the amp remote wire and not the power antenna wire. next make sure you have power comming from it. use test light. make sure you have constant power at amp power wire. and make sure ground is tight.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1129
if that dioes not work, jump a wire from the positive terminal on amp to remote to see if amp comes on, if it does then the remote wire is your problem.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 224
what is the amp turn on?
where do i find the power antenna wire? because im sure its not the blue wire in my harness that has the "RMT" on it.
i dont have a test light, any other options?
my ground is at my negative battery post, my van doesnt use posts, but my battery has both ways.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 226
so i take the '+' terminal on the amp, and run it to my RMT wire on the HU?

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 227
so i take the '+' terminal on the amp, and run it to my RMT wire on the HU? and make it to the battery at the same time? or take it off the battery?

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 228
or no wait, what? i dont get it.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 229
or take the same wire to the pos. and RMT terminal on the amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1130
to test the amp, take a small piece of wire, jump from postive on amp to remote on the amp, if it turns on , then that is the problem, youll need to make sure the wire that is ran from the remote on back of radio goes to the rmote slot on the amp.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 230
yea i have funny simbols on my terminals. is the remoe the one that is like a tree thing? i have the other one that has B+ or somthin.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1132
jump from b+ to the one that has the smallest terminal, usually the center, I THINK THE TREE IS THE GROUND, THOS TERMINALS SHOULD BE THE SAME SIZEAS THE B+

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 233
there all the same size. are you sure the tree is the ground like really are you sure? i hve the tree as RMT and the middle one as ground and b+ as the positive,
BTW you have been a hell of alot of help.
i aprreciate it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1134
it shold read grd for grond if it does then the tree is the remote.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 235
there is a little battery, and the B+ is over one then the little battery has + and - on it and it is kinda over the middle term. and then theres the tree.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1136
jump the wire from tree to B+, amp should cut on, if not may be no power in main wire. if amp cuts on then you need to run a wire from tree to remote wire behind the radio.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 236
there is the switch icon over the middle then the tree at one terminal and the battery and B+ over the other one. the switch icon... _/_ ... kinda like that

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 237
_/ _

Gold Member

Post Number: 1138
use the side for the tree and the B+

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 239
ok, if i blow some thing uo im gonna blame u... :D

Gold Member

Post Number: 1139
it really does not matter, just make sure your on the tree and tryt to get power to it

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 240
ok, if i blow some thing up im gonna blame u... :D

Gold Member

Post Number: 1140
if you hook it to ground no power and if you hook it to power, your only doing it to test for a second, then take it off.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 241
ok i get a spark but no power, should i do it while the HU is on??

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 242
or should i try the B+ to the _/ _ ??

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 131
Corey... The blue rmt wire on your head unit needs to connect to your amp. That is your amp turn on... it is just a 12volt connection letting the amp know it needs to be on. I dont know if you RCA cables have a remote wire built in or if you have to run your own... but that blue wire needs to connect to the remote spot on your amp it should be a spot for a rather thin wire.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 244
I KNOW! its connected to terminal with the symbol that looks like a tree!!!

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 247
then i have my ground on the switch symbol, and my power on the B+

Gold Member

Post Number: 1146
switch those, i bet the switch sysmbol is the remote, seeing that the remote needs switched power.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 248
switch the switch thing (my ground) and the tree thing (my remote)? so the the tree is ground and the switch is remote?

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 249
awesome!! i switched them and i got bass!! haha i cant even hear my typing. im gonna need to get some thicker wires cuz my power wire is already hot. and i have to set all my frequencies. thanks a hell of a lot a really apreciate it!!!

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 250
BUMP

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 251
why wont it bump?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums