Amp wont shut off and kill battery

Anonymous

My amp is all wired up good except the LED light on the amp never turns out even when the key is out of this car it kills my battery anyone tell me how to fix that?? could it be my ground?

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 595
register please.
or risk killing your battery.

Anonymous

How do you have your remote wire connected its probably connected wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 511
disconnect the remote wire from your amp and see if that fixes it. If that fixes it then your remote wire is wrong. If that doesnt fix it then your amp is messed up.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 304
i used to go on this site a lot a couple months ago and never did anyone tell the unregistered guests to register to answer their questions. why is it all i see now "register first"? cant we just be courteous and help the guy out.

sorry tho, i dont have the answer to your question

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 602
heh...because lately anons have been posting alot of really stupid crap.. and it only takes a second to register.

And yes - it's probably your remote wire...it's either hooked up to a 12v constant, or maybe a little bit of frayed wire from your + terminal is actually touching it? Either one of these situations could cause this.

Make sure when your car is off, that the remote wire is not live. (You could use a test light, for instance to check this).

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us