Alpine iva d300... need a manual, bypassing parking brake feature?

Username: Triplesecx

Fairfax, VA

Post Number: 1
I bought an Alpine iva d300 yesterday that didn't come with a manual... so i have a few issues. Does anyone know where i can get a manual for this? Also, the installer set the time wrong, and i don't know how to fix it. Also i'd like to bypass the parking brake feature for DVDs and have seen posts about a toggle switch. Does this model require one or is there another way around that? I don't know much about car stereos and don't have a diagram... so any help would be appreciated.

Jason

Silver Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 138
Well, I dont quite remember how to bypass that parking brake. But Ill try to get you started why i search for the answer. I know for pioneer screens all you have to do is ground the parking brake wire, which in pioneers case is purple. But it seems like I read somewhere that when enabling the dvd feature on alpine reveivers you have to do something with the pedal break too. Theres some combinations of hitting the break and ebrake to engage the dvd. so it may require two switches in your case.
In the mean time look for a pair of wires that might be labeled as break, or reverse. they might me green or purple. just try grounding them and/or getting power to them and see what happens. You dont run of risk of damaging anything as those wires are just switching wires, but if your not sure if you have the right wires don't do anything quite yet.

Silver Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 139
Alright well heres the deal, you will need two switches. One for the foot brake and one for the parking brake. If you were to install it normally what you would have to do is engage the foot brake, and while engaging the foot brake engage, release, and re-engage the parking brake, and then disengage the foot brake. so instead what you can to is hook up a switch to both those wires that would normally be going to the brakes and then just flip one switch on(the one that would normally go to the foot brake), flip the other one on, off, then on again, and then turn the other one off. I think any one that sees you doing this will be pretty impressed.

Alright now heres how you do it.

You have two wires to play with;
a yellow/blue thats for the parking brake, and a yellow/black thats for the foot brake.

The parking brake wire needs to be grounded, which means just switch around the the power and ground on the terminals of what ever switch your using. basiclly what im saying is if the switch says power on one of the terminals, hook up the ground to that, and hook up the yellow/blue wire to the terminal that says ground.(the only reason why you would need to do it like that though is if your switch has a distinct on and off label on it.)

Now as far as the yellow/black wire goes, im pretty sure that that also needs to be grounded, which means just do the same set up as the yellow/blue, but im not sure so you may need to experiment which wont do any harm.

Look luck. oh also i found a manual for you so I can email that to you.

Username: Joshd

CT, 06320

Post Number: 1
i just bought an alpine iva d310 so my daughter could watch videos on our frequent long trips. I realize the safety concerns but can the parking brake safety feature be bypassed? The installer told me it had to do with the parking brake but couldn't legally tell me how to do it. I read about grounding the yellow/blue wire (parking brake) but it doesn't seem to work. Unless i'm not grounding it correctly. What is a solid ground under there?

Username: Reckless187

Post Number: 2
If you get the unit fitted by a dealer they wire up the earth from the d310 to the wiring on your handbrake so all you gotta do is take that wire off the handbrake wiring and connect it anywhere else on the chassis preferably bare metal and the unit should work no problem 24/7

Username: Reckless187

Post Number: 3
Sorry guys made a mistake. Just had a look at the manual for the d310r. Its not an earth cable thats hooked up to the handbrake or parking brake wiring its a yellow power wire which is wired to the live on your parking brake which turns on the parking brake indicator on you instrument clocks when you engage the brake. All you gotta do is wire the cable marked parking brake(from the d310, yellow in colour) to the ignition live or permanent live wire and it should work.

Minthra
Unregistered guest
http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/leading_technology/leading_tech_iva-d300.htm

This is a link for the Alpine IVAD300 manual.

Unregistered guest
i need help with installing the iva d300 because the idiot who had it before me hooked it up to what looks like a bypass and they left there ol chevy parking break attached to it and the i dont know how to re hook up everything including the bypass just to get power to it

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1046
go to ebay and by the pac trigger box for those units, unless you want to use switches.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us