Idmax

Bronze Member
Username: Clacla100

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 32
i was looking into getting an idmax. i was wondering if any of you have ever heard one, and if you had how would it compare to the w7, eclipse ti, sx. Just what would you say would be ranked on the same level as the idmax

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 853
do a search on google like idmax vs w7...give u plenty of readin...also sean and johnathan can help you out alot here

Bronze Member

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 34
i just wanna make sure im getting the best deal in buying this idmax. Not missing out on something i could have gotten for the same price thats better.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5448
ID Max isn't going to get as loud as a W7, but it's not far off and it sounds a little better IMO. A little tighter and more defined sound. Low end isn't quite as strong as a W7, Brahma, XXX, Ti and others in their range, but the upper freqs. (above 60hz) are much better than the others. This is crucial when trying to blend with midbass drivers.

SQ wise I wouldn't even consider the SX.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1876
jonathan you think it would be better to power the idmaxs with something that will put out little more than 1000wrms? like maybe 1200wrms. the reason why ask is i was wondering if the jl audio 1000/1 would power that nicely. i remember reading somewhere you saying having headroom is good. if that is the case then i would be better off powering the tis with the jl1000/1.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4338
Sameleague w6v2, IDMAX, w7

Bronze Member

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 35
whats a good price for the idmax ive been looking around and i mostly see about 300. anyone know where i could get one cheaper

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5449
I use a 1000/1 on mine, but I really don't need all of it. I'd say 700-800W is optimal for an ID Max in most enclosures, it really doesn't need any more than that to realize its full potential. Really efficient sub.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2872
Im gonna put 900 watts rms to mine and even thats more then enough. This sub sounds great even with 500 watts rms.

Im gonna go ported at 2.5 cuft tuned to 28hz or 30hz

Not sure yet though.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1884
have you tried it sealed. was wondering if they perform well in a smaller sealed box. like 1 cuft.

Bronze Member

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 38
how many db's do you think your hitting with your idmax?

Bronze Member

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 40
bump

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5456
"how many db's do you think your hitting with your idmax?"

Not sure, haven't metered it. Isn't exactly an ideal SPL vehicle, but I'd guess it's in the mid 130s range. It's in a 1.3 cu ft sealed box. Haven't really cared to measure it, I'm not really into SPL *shrugs*

"have you tried it sealed. was wondering if they perform well in a smaller sealed box. like 1 cuft."

Works very well sealed. Only bad thing I can say about the sub is that because of the surround type (tall & narrow), they designed the surround to dimple at high excursion so it didn't damage itself in motion. At very high volumes, this can have a slight bit of mechanical noise (if you're close to the sub). If it's in a trunk, I doubt you'd notice it. Ported could help this since the port will limit excursion at lower frequencies.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5457
In a hatchback or smaller car, you could probably expect to hit low 140s with it ported on the termlab, in an optimal SQL application anyway.

Bronze Member

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 41
im going for sq i was just wanting to get an idea of what this thing could do sql wise

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2884
With 900 watts rms is it better to go sealed or ported or does power have anything to do with it> ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us