4 12" RE SX's but what amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Titanbk

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 50
I want to run 4 12" RE SX's in place of my 1 15" but I am not sure as to which amp(S) to push them with. Anybody got any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 663
4??????? man your car is gonna explode....run two..and save the other two ..when you blow the first two

run each on an RE 12.1 amp and youll be bumpinnnnnn

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 788
yep same thing i was gonna say...that will be crazy loud

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4829
Agreed ^^^

wtf do u want 4 of them for - to get u deaf ....lol !!!?...........

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1823
1 rockford T3000 (3500wrms+ @ 1ohm)
1 memphis MCD4KW (4000wrms+ @ 1ohm)
1 hifonics Colossus

any of those would be a good choice....oh, and a boat load of batteries.

if you have 1 Sx15 right now....just get another sub and amp if you want louder.

Bronze Member

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 52
no no no marshall I am not running a RE sub right now but I want to make the switch. I have a 5 cubic foot box for the 15 I have in right now. Should I switch to 2 12's then? Or just use the existing box and get 2 15's? The other box for the 12 will be 3 cubic feet ported. I just want a crazy system to compete with because I was impressed with a cutlass at last years show that only ran 2 of 3 amps and hit 155.7 dbs(with a wall). So I figured its time to step it up this year.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 808
yea seriously 2 15'' sx's and 2 re 12.1's should be loud enough

Bronze Member

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 55
loud enough for competition I would like to take a big step and jump over 150 this season. I dont have any personal experience with RE's just what I have read on this forum so I dont know how they perform. What do the RE amps go for price wise?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4855
"loud enough for competition"

oh well hell yea ur reason for 4 12s is justified
I think the guys said RE amps go for $390 shipped
if u U have space 2 hold 4 subs u have 2 built some really solid boxes with 1" thick mdf .
& some serious electrical upgrades with a damn good HO alt goes without saying .....

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1831
"loud enough for competition I would like to take a big step and jump over 150 this season."

how loud are you now?
and what organization are you planning to compete in? (dbDrag, USACi, Slap, MECA?)
what kinda vehicle do you plan to use?

i do 148.0 @ 48hz on the termlab w/ just 1 RE SX15 on a jbl bp1200.1...(1ohm nominal, but after box rise the amp really "sees" ~3.3ohms....so the sub gets ~750wrms on burp)...so 2 SX15 are more than capable of 150dB+++.

like rovin said...your looking at some serious electrical upgrades if you want 2400wrms+.

if you are serious about competing, get ahold of me...i'll try to help you out. there is alot more to getting loud than just building a box and wiring your amp to 1ohm...trust me.

marshall_white2004@yahoo.com

AIM: southern1inla86

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us