Kicker CVR12 help

Username: Themann

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 1
Here's the deal. It's quite complicated to me but probably not for you guys. I just bought two Kicker CVR12 4 ohms off ebay. I went to get them installed in a bandpass box and learned that they don't have enough airspace for the CVRs. So i was going to buy a box from the audio place, but I decided to buy a Kicker DCVR box off ebay. I was forutnate to get 2 excellent subs in the box. They are 2 ohms. I have a 1600W 2-channel Sound Storm amp. Can I hook this amp up to these or do i need a mono-block? AND if i can which ones should i hook it up to, 2 ohm or 4ohm?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4234
what is the rms on that amp

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 3
It says rms power: 300watts x 2 at 0.01% THD, 4 ohms. I have no idea what that means but hopefully you can tell me.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1060
so do u have dvc 4ohm subs or dvc 2ohm subs, if you have dvc 2ohm subs wire them series to get a 4ohm load and hook one to each channel.

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 4
I have dcvr 2ohm (in the kicker box) and cvr 4ohm not in a box. I hooked them up a little bit ago and they hit HARD, my trunk sounds like it is about to literally fly off :-D I'm really happy with the cvrs. But I still dont understand what the difference is between 2ohm and 4ohm, and why dual voice coil subs need mono-block amps.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 277
dual vc's dont need mono amps. The vc is just giving you more wiring options. their are single vc subs and then their are dual vc subs and u can wire them in alot more ways than single vc.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 278
how many watts are goin to each sub mike??

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 5
I think I have 800 watts going to each sub right now. I ask some local audio shops today and they helped clear up some of my questions. But, I do have another question (I'm full of them) - Do you have to do anything to a sub box to invert subs? and can you invert CVR12s in a bandpass box?
Thanks for all your help.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 285
800 watts for 1 cvr is too much. the rms is 400.

Bronze Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 11
I don't know that it is 800 watts exactly. The audio place I went to told me I had it wired the best possible way, so I think it's good. Also I have 2 more CVR12s and a bandpass box. I can't put the cvrs in it b/c of the airspace issue, but can I invert them in that box or build it out more or should I just sell it and buy a different box?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us