Alpine New Vrs OLD

Username: Call_me_ky

Post Number: 7
What do you guys think, are the old Alpine Type R's that bad? the 1's that handle 1000(peak)watts... and all this jazz about the new alpine type r's.... if you could either get 2 alpine type r's or 2 Power Acoustik MOFOS what would you get? (also the not as good modles FUBAR. ANF FUBR)

Bronze Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 18
I would get MOFO's those old alpines suck. Poweracoustik is not the best brand but you will boom.

Username: Awm44444

USA

Post Number: 8
would a mofo b louder than an sx?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
hey Kyle and R.I.P. go to www.cardomain.com and read the customer reviews. THey may not be as loud but they should hit deeper because thay are port only speakers, people say MOFOs suck because they stupidly put hem in sealed boxes and blow them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
yea i been doin that but u get alot of 1 sided opinions

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 14
so the sx is louder and has better sq, the sx is more durable, and it doesnt need as many watts? yeah, plus the mofo is close to the sx price. sounds like the sx wins hands down. all the car audio experts wouldnt say they arent ne good if they were good. if you want something that gets real loud get something from kicker or like an mt or mx or xxx.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
^^^^^^ huh? lol SX? wtf u talkin bout LAFFFF

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 16
re sx. it has better sq than a mofo, i no that 4 a fact, dunno if its louder but itll get loud

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Thats true Kyle. I wish we could all own shops so we could just test equipment at liezure. R.I.P. some times you cant trust audio experts. how many times has a movie critic shot down a movie that you really liked. Speakers are like cigarettes everybody has there own brand. You just have to get what you like

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
^^^ i was talkin about alpien type r's then he started compairing type x's ... x's cost alooooot more and way out of my rang, im thinkin ima order me a FUBR the reviews are pretty good nad seem to have the SPL i want..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Kyle go with that FUBAR I have heard them and they boom. Dont expect to much SQ

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Fubar or Fubr ... also how far did the bass carry i want to turn heads and have people hear me few mins befor i get to their house

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 19
i wouldnt go w/ the fubar iv heard them b4 they arent very loud, if you really want to go with a cheap brand get a poweracoustik fx, a guy i no has 2 in a jeep and he hit like 155 db, he has the record for his class in south carolina

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
fx is for SQ tho im looking for Pure SPL

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 566
kyle, he wasnt talking about type x's. he was talkin about re audio sx and yes that would b better than a mofo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
yea but that came out of the blue ;)

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 28
kyle i hav heard sum cheaper brands and im tellin you the fx is louder than a fubar, the south carolina record holder for his class has 2 fx's and hit 155. and a mofo is louder than a fx. thats if u want 2 use sum crappy brand, but if u really want spl get sumthing kicker or re, www.reaudio.com www.kicker.com and if u insist on getting a cheap sub www.interiortechnology.net chris doesn't even normally sell the stuff for the price on his website, he'll go a lil lower sometimes.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 30
i meant fbx kyle, not fx, my bad

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 568
Are u buying a new sub kyle? if so, whats ur budget

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 40
yeah kyle for the price of some of those crappy brands u could get sumthin like an se, l5, type r, etc. thats much better and will last a lot longer

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 471
sorry to jump in here but theres kids at my school with power acoustic subs and they are horrible. not loud at all and no sq. its sad. two type Rs or 1 re sx would be good choices. make sure you get a nice amp to power them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
no u didnt jump in and i think i have my 300$ budget aall worked out... heres what i got...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:31&It em=5852415546
^ infinity 1230 12" 1200 watt max sub--- $51.00(shipped)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5854101939%26&sspagename= STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT%26
^alpine type r Older version i think... 12" 1000 watts maxx power. -- $45.00(shipped)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4000-Watt-Legacy-Amp-2-CHANNEL-Car-Amplifier-NEW- 2006_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQitemZ8031535653QQrdZ1
^ Dont laf. Legacy preditor 2 channle 4000 watt amp-- got it for 170 shipped says 190 on ebay.

and im going to build a box with the left over money... how do u guys think this will sound? ill keep u updated i should have the subs and box by this wensday
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us