Stock vs. modified?4 12's vs. 2 15's?? Your opinion matters

Bronze Member
Username: Titanbk

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 45
I have a 96 eclipse and I have a lot to try and stay in the stock class. I have only competed in USACI so far but would like to go bigger very soon. Right now I have 1 15 in a 5 cubic foot box and I am hitting 145.8 on the USACI meter. If I wanted to go bigger should I get out of stock and go modified or should I just keeps pushing higher in stock? If I go modified which setup would be better for all out spl. 2 15's or 4 12's. I think thats all I have room for with giving the woofers its proper air space.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4670
been said that its a 3db gain / each additional sub so in theory thats 9db gained with 4 subs over 1 provided that each sub gets its proper 'breathing' room & that overall space is available ....

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4148
the 4 12's should be louder, btw what subs are u lookin into

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4671
ha ha - looks like i beat u 2 it by just a few seconds ^^^..........

Bronze Member

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 46
I don't know what I would be lookin at for 12's I am running one MA Audio Hard Kore 15 at the moment and was running a visonik v900hc in a 5 cubic foot box, a 200 amp alt,5 farad cap, and have a line driver I need to add on. Any suggestions for 12's? I need a whole new setup I got rid of my amp so I need subs and amps. All feedback is good.

Silver Member
Username: A444w444m

Post Number: 209
well im not a pro when it comes to subs, but id say re mt's (but re is my fav brand so i mite b biased) or something like a kicker solo x. not sure bout wut amp u should use tho.

Bronze Member

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 47
I hear that kicker makes a good spl sub but that the corners tend to fold in on them and they become damaged. If anybody knows anything about them let me know. Anybody heard of the hk802sx by MA Audio. I hear goods and bads about it has anybody had any experience with these? How does it stand up to the kicker 2500.1?

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 676
never heard of it but id def. go with kicker over the ma

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1057
those kicker solo x subs are crazy go nuts loud. i like 'em but they need a hell of a lot of power and room to get loud. need around 8-10 cuft box and at least 2500 watts of power but in your situation this may be your best bet for a sub for your needs

Bronze Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio

Post Number: 25
Go get 2 stroker pro 15 with 2 orion 2500d lol(cheapest i found em is for 730 a piece)thats what i want to do in my 95 eclipse, But probaly staying with my reg stroker i have one 15 now. Whered you get that 200 amp alt at highest i can find for my 95 is 180.

Bronze Member

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 48
I had it custom built from the bottom up from a guy who lives a few towns over. He has an electronics store that he rebuilds alternators, starters and such. He had to build it with a gm rotor,stator,and brushes but made it fit the housing for my eclipse so it bolted right up. I tested it in the vehicle under a full load and it put out 174 amps before I upgraded the big 3.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us