Blown jl audio 13w7 sub.... can it be repaired

Username: Shane

Post Number: 4
can it be fixed or am i in trouble

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney88

Http://www.freewebs.co..., Minnesota US

Post Number: 59
did u check all your wires and rca's, i dont think you should jump to the conclusion that the sub is blown just yet

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1041
call jl. how did it blow?

Username: Shane

Post Number: 5
i was just listenin to it and then all of a sudden it went of and started rattilin and now it wont even go on

Username: Subsonic

Dunn, N.c.

Post Number: 3
I blowed 2 13.5 and 1 12w7 subwoofer. Only a authorized dealer can get it fix or if it is not under warrenty and you talk too the dealer it can be fixed (reconed) for 150.00 dollar and it includes shipping .

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 250
can i ask how much power you were pushing at it! you realize JL says that sub can take 2000 Watts right!! did you smell the voice coil? and did you check and make sure your amp isn't toasted?

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 255
hey i got a Jl audio 300.4 amp that is done i def. needs to be reapired how much will it cost and who can fix it. I aint buy it from a authorized dealer neva bought guy gave it to came in a car that was going to the junkyard

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5398
Did you buy it from an authorized dealer?

Aside from that, JL can repair it for a price. But it isn't cheap.

The reason I asked if it was bought authorized is because JL does NOT warrant any kind of online sales, nor claims from any other party than the original buyer. Companies selling these on the internet burn off the serial numbers and usually damage the product in the process. That's where the majority of the problems in the product occur, especially the amplifiers.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5163
In most cases, JL will replace the sub with brand new one.
I had mine replaced for $380.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us