Sub noise at higher freq?

Silver Member
Username: Redbone15367

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 120
Well my mt 15 blew on monday. I got it off ebay, only played it acouple of burt's. I noticed it had noise at higher freq around 90hrz or so, so I turned my xover down and it seemed to stop it. It would also pop some on the higher freq's. My box is exactly what re designd for me. now for power i ran a 2500d at .35 ohm. The Orion seemed to handle the load, but like I said it was short burst. What do you guy's think? Was th mt already damaged? Did I over power it? let me know, and thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1577
2500D at .35 ohms is what like 10000 watts trying to be pushed from that amp? its 2500w at 2 ohms right? sounds like you were asking for alot. that might be why its blown. maybe you should have ran 2 2500ds instead at a higher ohm load. but im not expert at those kind of things.

Silver Member

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 121
It's 2500 at 1ohm.I'm not sure what it would have been at .35. I know it would only last a couple of seconds before volt's would drop. It has it's own alt and bat just for it. The amp is not rated below 1 ohm, so I was surpised that it held it.

Silver Member

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 125
Bump, Any help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us