Kicker KX 650

Username: Racerx3165

Tyndall AFB , Florida USA

Post Number: 9
So i just got a kicker KX 650 4 Ch. amp and need to get the Sub, unfortunately i only have room for 1 10 in. Sub. So im thinking im either going to get a MbQuart PWE 252 or 254 or a Kicker L7 2 or 4 ohm, im just unsure of which one to get the 2 or 4 ohm DVC woofer. I will most likely be using only 2 of the 4 channels on the amp and use the other 2 for the rear speakers.

Anonymous

If you go with a DVC sub, go with the 2ohm version. That way, you'll have a 4ohm total load running parallel. That amp's bridged capabilities are only good down to 4ohms. The dual 4ohm would only be safe if wired in series, and 8ohms would be a loss.
Actualy, I'd look for a highly efficient sub for that amp. Output would only be 325 watts, and that's at 14 volts. The L7 would be running at 1/2 of its intended RMS rating. Now, if you were willing to use the other 2 channels of that amp for the sub, I'd go with the 4ohmDVC and wire each coil to a seperate bridged channel. That would get that L7 moving just nicely.

Username: Racerx3165

Tyndall AFB , Florida USA

Post Number: 10
TY that is what i was looking for, I can get a decent deal around 100 on an L7 10 in. refurbed so i was thinking that would be a great way to go. I would love a better quality sub but cant afford to spend the cash on it since this isnt in my primary car :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us