Columbia, SC

Post Number: 485
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/REAudio/se12.21.wmv

whatcha think?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1543
wow yours look like they move more than my 15 lol. but all smaller woofers do. impressive. im assuming youve had a lot of experience with a variaty of systems and about how loud are they? compare the loudness to ur previous avalanche and SX please and if uve been around tournys alot whats ur guesss on ur number. i know its hard to tell...

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 486
Um.... now that I've heard them more, I dont think they're quite as loud as the SX/Ava (they were VERRRY close to eachother). All in all, the SQ is better than the SX and better than the ava above about 45hz. They go low, but nothing can touch the Avalanche, well that I've heard. If I had to guess on numbers I'd like to say around 140dB, but upper 130s is probably more realistic. I guess that's still pretty loud though. I'm looking for places around here to get metered so I'll know for sure. I'm second guessing my decision to go sealed as of now, I guess I just want to squeeze every bit out of them that I can. I'm still probably going to try Ascendant's new stuff if the price is right

Regardless of number, they are loud enough daily for most people... probably would surprise a few too.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1544
i know im in morning for my avalanche lol. but 4 15s will move a lot more air so i should be much more happy when i build my box. however i think it would be cool in the future to have a new xxx 15 ported like 7 cuft to 30hz. i bet that sucker would blow away almost any 1 15 SQL setup...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1545
read my post about a Q on amp power in different circumstances or something like that lol. i turned the sub level on my HU to 5/15 and played a 40hz tone... my friends were in the back with their head over the sub and one moved back away fomr the sub and the other said ow lol. but i think they'll blow if they are like that daily, a burp was fine though. pretty loud though. just not the same kind of loud as the avalanche. the avalanche you could feel as much as you hear.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 488
yea definitely.. it was like I could feel the air moving in and out of my window with the Avalanche.. as well as that 30hz note shaking your body

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1043
damn whats the xmax on the se's, and is your box 2.5cf total or per sub.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 489
total 2.5ft^3 (net)

18mm one way xmax

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1044
damn only 18mm when i had my atlas's hook up they had no where near that amount of xmax.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 491
that song is relatively low, and the MB Quart is beating the hell out of them :-)... plus, the box is a little bigger than the recommended, and it's sealed. so, as far as I know... that helps me reach Xmax a little easier. but yea - the movement on them realllly surprised me

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 437
wow very impressive.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 492
yeah. I like them... for now

Bronze Member
Username: Lets_talk_sound

Post Number: 17
how much do RE's cost ? Like the 12 and 15 of the SE and SX ? Also how much would a treo 12 or 15 of the SSi cost, the TSX 12 runs about $240. How does treo compare to RE ?

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 424
hey baseball, how much bigger did you build your box compared to the reccomended sealed size? i accidently built my sealed enclosure for my SE 15" slightly larger than intended (the height of the box is 1.5" taller than wanted..3/4" MDF x 2..didnt take it into account..stupid me) does it make the subs sound "boomy" or anything? Im going to hook it up next week to see how it sounds, hopefully i wont have to mess with the box, but i guess i can put a couple pieces of wood inside to take up some of the volume. i think the measurments give an internal volume of 2.5 ft^3 not considering the sub itself. the reccomended size was 2.0 ft^3 we'll see what happens

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 496
the recommended for a 12" was 1.0 and I built mine at 1.25. I can't really say if the difference is noticeable because I've never heard the sub in a 1.0cube box. With that being said, I don't think they sound overly "boomy". They keep up with bass kicks fine and play rap LOUD. I think you'll be fine. But like you said, worst case you can put some wood in the bottom to take up some volume. I am going to put 2lbs of polyfill in my box soon to see what that does.

also that sub displaces about .2cubes (.18 i think?) anyways. So you're pretty close to recommended.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us