Alpine CDA-9835 or 9833 or 9815 or 9813 ? / Best of 2004

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2737
Are all of these units 4 volt preouts ? Also is there a differance from the 9835 to the 9833 or 9815 ? Anyone with experience with the 2004 alpines please let me know. Im leaning toward the 9835 but willing to step down to the 9833 or 9815 if its not gonna make a differance in sound quality. I just want performance here. Thanks

TheCobra
Unregistered guest
Are you limited to just those? I think, (best bet is to search through Alpines website) they are have 4V preouts?

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 125
The 9835 is 04 top of the line unit other then f1 status, and then i think that the 9815 is 03 top of the line. If i remember correctly the 9835 has an organic screen and time alignment and the 9833 does not. The 9835 will probably sound teh best, and i think all of them have 4v out. I would personally go with a primere piece or an excelon piece, not a big fan of alpine.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2738
I prefer Alpine, Pioneer Premier, Eclipse, Kenwood Excelon

I have owned all of the following and ive liked Alpine and Pioneer Premier the most followed by Kenwood Excelon and Eclipse. Alpine and Pioneer are user friendly and sound just as good as most HU's. I think 4 volt preouts are more then enough to make any system sound great. IM looking at the 9835 and the 9815 and 9813 / out of the following im gonna grab one on ebay but im not sure if its a big differance in sound between these since they all have the same performance specs basically.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1303
9835 is the "best". But the only real difference between it and the 9833 is the display. If you want to save some bucks, and like things a little more simplified with the features, go for the 9833. Honestly, I'd stay away from the new Alpine decks until they come out with a new line...

But if you want the best, go with Eclipse.

Just my .02.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2742
Im looking to find a 9833 right now. Anywhere besides ebay i could get one new ?

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1309
Brand new? Good luck bro! I asked around all the local audio shops (I was shopping... again), and asked about old Alpine decks, and they sold them all. All six shops I went to... So good luck.

TheCobra
Unregistered guest
MO, go for a 7969 or a 7998, cheaper, and much better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us