Sub Tech

Username: Mightytibian

Post Number: 2
I have a sub and amp that I got a while ago, one day the amp started turning on, I asked a friend about it and they said to connect a wire from the power to the remote to see if it turns on then. It does turn on now but only if that wire is there. Would that drain my car battery? When the cars on the amp has a red light glowing when the cars off it doesnt. Common sense would say its wont but I just wanna make sure. Since I just bought a new sub and am gonna get a new amp also I wanna make sure it works. Right now I have a 10" sub and a ampo that came free with it I do not know what kind. Would I be able to just unhook the old amp and rehook the new amp and new sub and it work?

Thank you for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 622
If you run a wire fromn the power side of amp to remote turn on , then your battery is going to drain, the amp is on..... the remote is switched power only.... it should be ran from behind the radio or in switched fuse in panel...tell your friend to buy you a new battery when yours dies, he has no clue...

Post Number: 3
Hmm I will go disconnect it now then. Do u know of any other reason it might not turn on?

Silver Member

Post Number: 625
You have to run a switched power wire from either behind the radio or in the fuse panel to a switched fuse.

Post Number: 4
Well everything was professionaly installed but then one day it stopped and I have never known y, the fuses are fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 640
If it was hooked to the back of the radio, the remote turn on could have gone bad.... when you turn on the radio, do you not have power to the wire that is hooked up to the remote. if not that is your problem, pull the radio and take a tes light and see if that wire has come disconnected or if it has power. If it does not, move the wire to a switched source in fuse panel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us