Why are these tweeters so loud?

Anonymous

why are those cheap tweeters that you could buy at the swapmeet for 7$ so loud?
they,re all black except thelittle writing it has along the side that says niobum dome tweeter.they are like a normal 1 inch tweeter.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 713
Sounds like you are talking about tweeter that has a black polypropolyne diaphragm and is powered by a neodymium magnet.

If so, then these tweeters have been designed for high SPL systems. High SPL meaning they are like 96-99dB efficient at 1 watt/1 meter.

These type of tweeters are also not effective at low frequencies. They usually have a Fs of about 5KHz and therefore need to be crossed like at 10KHz.

Thats why they are so loud. They concentrate their power in a limited frequency range. The lower the frequency, the more power it takes to create the same dB levels.

One thing for sure is that these tweeters may sound annoying. They sound mechanical, and not like the way the original sound that was in the recording studio.

Anonymous

but can they get louder than good quality tweeters like jls, infinitys, or focals?

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 714
ya 2-3 times louder

Anonymous

i think youre talking about those big horns and bullets. i doubt they can get 2-3 times louder than lets say... the infinity kappa 10.7 tweeters.

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 716
I am talking about these;

http://lsus.shop.com/amos/cc/main/prod/act/10166624%2C15643632/ccsyn/261

Anonymous

how do you do that with the blue lettering that sends you directly to the website?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3522
copy paste, or type in the site.lol

Anonymous

oh yeah, i feel so stupid.well i was talking specifically about these tweeters
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2006-600-WATT-NIOBIUM-DIGITAL-CAR-STEREO-TWEE TERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ40019QQitemZ4599408692QQrdZ1
are they as loud as those tweeters you showed me?

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 331
dude i herd these tweeters off a pioneer deck and they sound loud and clear.IMO i would get them for a good budget tweeter.

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 332
and why Anonymous

Anonymous

why what? why im stupid?

Anonymous

and thomas, which tweeters did you have off your pioneer deck.the ones mixneffect showed or mine?

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 333
yours.
and im wondering why are u Anonymous.they have a bad rep around here.

Anonymous

because i dont think ill ever be on this site again so why bother.
hey thomas, how many tweeters did you use and how did you wire them up?

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 334
i never used it but i had a friend who did.its just hooked up to the deck thats all i know.1 set of tweeters so 2.

Anonymous

well my friend has two pairs and its so loud.you could hear the tss,tss from every angle of the car.
do you think they will be louder if they were amplified by a small amp.they dont say the rms rating on it but since its 300 max it should be around 150rms.

Anonymous

oh and thomas, what were you asking when you said "and why Anonymous"

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 338
i was just wondering why are u posting as anomymous and not your regular name

Anonymous

i actually do have an account but i think itll be stupid to post my name now.unless you really want to know who i am.

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 342
well if u want to post your name,im just sayung people here dont really help people who post as anonymous,mainly because of spammers.

Anonymous

yeah i know but its too late now post my name.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us