Alpine Type X's

Bronze Member
Username: Banginscrew

Post Number: 18
how will 2 alpine Type x's sound? i just got but still dont have amp. im waiting to narrow my options down im looking for 2 1000 watt amps or a 2000 watt amp they are 4 ohm DVC but im going to wire them to run at either 1 ohm or fifure out if i can run each sub at 2 ohms??? i need help the sooner i figure this out teh sonner my system gets installed AND NO 1 LIKES TO SIT IN THERE ROOM TALK ABOUT IT WITH TEHM RIGHT NEXT TO MY CHAIR. i am looking for absolute best amps or amp i know 2 JL Audio 1000.1 amps would be very nice but thats 1200 jsut for amps.please list only top quality amp. Amps must push 1000 watts to each sub no matter what. AND if i get 2 amps it must push 1000 watts at 4 OHMS unless i can wire tehm to 2 ohms?? any suggestions

Username: Bahn_man

Lynn haven, FL US

Post Number: 2
how about the audiobahn a2300hct.....2400 watts 2 channel amp, 1200 x 2 at i THINK 2 ohms..maybe 1 ohm, but this amp is unbelievable, true wattage and never ever ever ever gets even close to warm, it makes my audiobahns vedy vedy happy!!

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 345
hey josh....i have the same exact situation as u...i dotn have the subs..but im thinking about those two alpines...or two premiers...anywasy..im looking for 2000 watts rms...1 amp..or 2...the best..and i dont know..the jl i think is the prime choice...but also...zapco..which is hard to find on ebay..i take it ur buying on ebay because u said the two jls are 1200..and thats an ebay price....but ive also heard rockford fosgate...(which i am about to go with..not sure yet)..diamond audio too..i just dont know what to do yet..

anyone who can help us ..thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
not audiobahn

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1428
get the jl 1000/1. i have at the moment 1 jl 1000/1 with 1 type x and the sound is amazing. by this weekend i will be getting another jl amp and another type x so i imagine it will sound twice as nice. lol. jl 1000/1 is 1000wrms at 1.5-4 ohms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
chad...what about stuf besides jl.....how about rockford..power series....and what about the two top premier amps..are they any good??..or is jl is that good that its worth the money?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1429
rockford amps are good too. and there are other amps that will be good too. i am just posting this from my experience. that is the setup i have now and i like it alot. as long as you get an amp that puts out true 1000wmrs you should be fine. thats true 1000wrms to each sub. since those subs only come in dual 4ohm, it will be kinda hard to find an amp that is 1000wrms at 2ohms. you are better off getting an amp that is 2000wrms at 1ohm. as for alpine amps, i just haven't heard too many people recommend them so that is why i didn't get those.

btw, i know alot of people say type x sounds better in sealed. at first i had mine in sealed and it sounded nice but after i went ported, it just sounds much better for me.

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 167
Im getting 2 12" SWX and going to power them with a rockford RFT20001BD and there going in sealed box

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
okay well i think im just gonna save for the jl's an i hear u bought yours on ebay....did u get a warranty...bc i know when people on ebay say u get a manufacturers warranty thats BS..so i always look for ebay stores that give their own year warranties

Silver Member

Post Number: 350
thomas i was thinking of that amp...but some dude who has a shop called innovative rides told me ..since its a class d amp...it would be sloppy bass and to go with a RF 2 channel amp...but i dno about that

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 280
why would he suggest a 2 channel amp for subs ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
he just said that a class d rockford=sloppy bass....but arentjl audio 1000/1 class d's...and allive heard about thiose are that they are unbelievably good

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 115
glad to see u are gettin ur responses Josh. he had posted on the amp section and i told him to try the subwoofer section cause i knew he would get way more responses. thanks for makin me look like i know what im doin guys! lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1452
if you don't want to spend too much money on an amp then get the hifonics bx2200d. i know these amps are a bit overrated but i am sure you can still get close to 2000wrms at 1ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 814
Hehe, get a couple of Cerwin Vega EXL-1000D's. And wire each sub to each amp @ 1 ohm, and get 1000W RMS to each. Nice amps from what I've heard.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 351
I heard two 12' type X's on a crossfire VR2000D and it was a perfect fit. Sounded alot better than my hifonics amp and had alot more power. You can find them as low as 800-900 online.

However if you need to save cash im very happy with my hifonics amp and my X's got everything for less than 1000 and im extremely pleased.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 352
EVERYONE WHO HAS/IS GETTING TYPE X's BREAK THEM IN SLOWLY! I didnt turn it past halfway for 3 weeks and they sound great now. They will blow very easily if you start pounding them as soon as you get them.

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 169
i was told 2 weeks to break them in
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us