Which Amp!!!!!

Username: Banginscrew

Post Number: 8
im trying to figure out which amp would be better??? a kicker KX 2500 or a Orion 2500D. I have 2 Alpine Type X's and i am going to be wiring them together so they run at 2 ohms each and teh orion would be pushing around 850 watts each and teh kicker would push it at AROUND 1250 im not sure!! the speakers are 1000 W rms im not sure if teh kicker would blow my speakers??? i need help

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 344
The kicker would not blow them, its actually ok to give ur self a little bit of extra power, its referred to as given ur self Head room

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 345
Hold up arent the alpine type X subs 4 ohms DVC because if they are then there is no way to wire them both together to present the amp with a 2 ohm load

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 346
u said wire them together for 2 ohms but u can only wire them each for two ohms a once you put those two ohms together you end up with a 1 ohm load an a amp that puts out 2500x 1 at 2 ohms isnt going to work

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3926
that kicker cannot work cause it goes down only to 2 ohms so the orion is what u must get cause its 1ohm stable @ 2500wrms.......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us