Amp advice!

Username: Jaygee

Post Number: 2
I need an amp to power my speakers! i'm not sure what would be good to power these speakers. I was just gonna buy a kicker KX350 4 channel amp, and power the doors with it and use the deck to power the dash speakers, but someone suggested i get a 2 ch amp and power only the front door 6x9's with it and power the dash and rear doors with the deck. now i'm not so sure what would be better. i'm confused and need advice!

My speakers are:
two KS40 4" (4ohm/30rms/60peak) dash
two KS693 6x9" (4ohm/90rms/180peak) front doors
two KS60 6.5" (4ohm/65rms/130peak) rear doors

Do i need a 2ch or 4 channel amp? And what should the power output of the amp be?

this system is going into my dodge ram with my panasonic cq-c9801 deck, two kicker cvr10 subs and KX600.1 mono amp. hopwfully it all sounds good together.

any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3271
http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/rearfill.html

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 430
use 4 channel and wire the front door and rear speakers together and the fronts on therir own channel. It will provide a 2ohm load for one side stereo and i would look for something that does around 75w rms @4ohm.

Username: Camaro_freak

Us

Post Number: 1
i need help, im kinda new at the whole subs and amp buss. i bought a 10" single kicker TS10L5, 900 max watt so do i just need a 900watt amp too or do i need to go bigger? and what kind do u reccomend that is fairly cheap but good quality

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3855
u buy amps based on your sub's watts in rms NEVER go by Max ratings ......

Username: Camaro_freak

Us

Post Number: 4
yah that was a typo it is 900 peak RMS

Bronze Member
Username: Mwright1000

Post Number: 99
Hey CHauncey, I just read that article on rear fill. Got a question for ya and need your opinion. I have 6.5's in my back doors right now and the article is right I really can't hear them much. Would you recomend I put them in the front doors? I have 4x6's in the dash. And then get a 4 or 2 channel amp to push them. Also depending on the amp do you recomend crossovers for these. THanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us