JL or Rockford

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 295
would it be better to get a jl audio 1000/1 amp...or a rockford t20001bd...for just a little more money???

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3183
to power what

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
two premiers....2000 watts RMS....i was just wondering which is a better amp..quality wise..and which will last longer

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 444
well the JL is higher quality but if you need 2000 watts of clean power you should go w/ the Rockford. the Jl 1000/1 can only do so much. and the rockford is a poweful amp so if you need the power go for the Rockford.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5080
If you have the money, then try Zapco C2K 9.0x. It was selling on eBay for $800. It is 2200w rms amp.
One of the best amp made.

Silver Member

Post Number: 298
is the Zapco C2K 9.0x much better than the rockford...in quality

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 213
Comparing rockford to Zapco is like compairing a pinto to a Jaguar! the zapco will put out a minimum of 2200 watts out.....if you have the charging system for it i have seen people push out close to 3000 out of them constant!! they never get hot....have a warrenty from hell (you won't need it unless you hook it up wrong) and they will last you years!!

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3222
not sure about a pinto.lol there real sh!t and the rockford is not that bad

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 448
ya thats what i was thinking maybe a better comparison would be like a maxima compared to a BMW 760Li

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1869
i think this is an excellent thread.
it can be argued that JL is prospering b/c of rockfords' fall-off after going on the market (the same time circuit city and best buy took hold). by the time they got ron troute back, JL had taken over their empire.
i'm pretty certain that's not the twist anticipated in the original post, but hey.. it's late:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1871

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3233
what grade do u teach

Gold Member

Post Number: 1873
5th grade.
so i'm looking forward to this break like no other. going home to atl (parents) and relaxing the entire time.

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 242
Simon J Casey
Silver Member

Eglin AFB , Florida
USA

Post Number: 213
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 12:02 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comparing rockford to Zapco is like compairing a pinto to a Jaguar! the zapco will put out a minimum of 2200 watts out.....if you have the charging system for it i have seen people push out close to 3000 out of them constant!! they never get hot....have a warrenty from hell (you won't need it unless you hook it up wrong)

the zapco has a regulated power supply?? so it will never put out 3k watts zapco even told me look for only 1-200 watts more i posted a article
with the voltage raised to 14.4 it kickd out 8 more watts? its regulated!

i seen power amp dry up after being in a flood and work! dont beleave the hype..... pinto? the amp sound just as good as the 1000/1

jaguar has a high failure rate
stop talking out your butt hole

you honestly have to be foreal man 3000 watts on a regulated power supply?
man people actually come here for real help you are no helping by coming here lying, zapco c2k serious will be the end of all car audio amplifiers for myself but lets not sit here and lie to ourselves and others who really needs the help

Silver Member

Post Number: 306
so what are you saying..rockford or zapco???

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
excuse me blaine
i was telling the poster what I learnd from the company.
and tired of
hearing all the rockford bashing from people who havent heard them.

to answer your question get the zapco havent heard it but
no question its cleaner from specs and this is the reason im gonna get it from what i read on here
http://www.caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures/0202cae_amp/

just becareful on ebay a guy created a new account and bump the bid up just to get me to bid more on his amp so i let him buy his own amp

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5094
"the zapco has a regulated power supply?? so it will never put out 3k watts zapco even told me look for only 1-200 watts more i posted a article
with the voltage raised to 14.4 it kickd out 8 more watts? its regulated! "

That's because you didn't ask Zapco how to tweak the amplifier for more power.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5085
Purchase a Zapco amp and test it, then you will know and understand the reason behind the high price.

Silver Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 214
a Zapco 9.0 amplifier has 2 1800 watt powersupplies in it......and over on the zapco forums is where i seen the 3000 watts rating...tweaks can be done....and charging systems can be upgraded....but if you don't believe it that's your view....head on over to zapco.com and register with the forums.....and take a look at some of the links to a C2K 9.0 in action and you will then see why i said the 3000 watts!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1877
i think people here need to review the rockford power series a bit more befor judging.
by the looks of things, you would be quite suprised. clearly, i'd take the zapco first, but it would not be by any great margin (keep in mind, we're talking about the power series here).
also they have recently produced a 360 processor similar to wayne harris' symmetry unit (epx2). it'd manipulated via PDA. rf is not playin around. they screwed up for a moment, but they realized their error and are back strong now.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5096
I'd still take the Zapco by a long shot. It's once you crack the inside and see the handmade componentry and the assembly quality, as well as their engineering principles. I'm talking about overall products, though, mainly the AB amps instead of the Class Ds in this comparison. Granted, I liked Robert Zeff's engineering better even when Orion, PPI, and RF were in full force, so you can label me biased.

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
exactly mike.
i admit that stuff a few years back was god awful

We went to get the Power set and he said rockford is making up for the bullshit with a big grin on his face.
He wont lyin i just wish these experts get the amp and test it
so we can have a full review

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
well i seen some post of you and isaac you were kinda siding up with arc audio
did zeff desighn that amp and what would be the big diffrence between being desighn by the same guy.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5098
"well i seen some post of you and isaac you were kinda siding up with arc audio
did zeff desighn that amp"

Zeff designs all of Arcs amplifiers, as well as Zapcos.

"and what would be the big diffrence between being desighn by the same guy."

Not sure I understand what you're saying there. Do you mean what the difference would be between a Zapco design and an Arc design?

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
yes what would be the diffrence
between the 2 amplifiers

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5100
Arc is more a continuation of Zeffs engineering, more work into the power supplies and the componentry of their high end (XXK) lineup. It's also the desire of Arcs owner to have that lineup. Right now, Arc is starting to progress past the Zapco C2k series.

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
''Right now, Arc is starting to progress past the Zapco C2k series.''

Is this the amp that you speak of that progessed pass the c2k 9.0 http://www.arcaudio.com/arc-05/amplifiers/xxk_1500.htm ?

I noticed that the transient Distortion of the zapco was %0.009

while arc %0.055

could you go into depth why this amp is progressing past the c2k?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5103
Specs are pointless.

The reason it is progressing past is because of the power supplies have MUCH more overhead than is needed, and the output devices as well. Basically, it's even more overengineered than the Zapcos were. Damping of their most recent amps is higher. They also get rid of heat more effectively.

Don't compare distortion. Companies measure THD differently, and a slight variation is pointless since the human ear can't hear anything below 1% anyway, 10% in a car. More important is the ability of the output devices and power supply, the more headroom you have, the better the amp handles overload (clipping).

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
i been tryng to find a dealer for past hour only reached 1 said arc dont stand by there product so he dropped them and zapco is junk (kicker dealer)
hook me up jonothan

Gold Member

Post Number: 1879
"overengineered"

i've grown quite fond of the term

Gold Member

Post Number: 5088
Anyone that says Zapco is a junk, should lose their business license. You can dislike a brand but to make idiotic statement like that, is plain insane.

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
did i tell you about when car toys told me to not even think about zapco and try there memphis amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1882
"oohh. really!!? do you sell sony and hifonics too!!?"
i think that would have been appropriate. i think all of this is just a matter of the shops trying to push their commissioned brands for the month. trying to make quota. weak
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us