RE SX 15" vs avalanche 15" vs mtx9500 12"

Silver Member
Username: A444w444m

Post Number: 119
first of all, which is louder when they're fully powered. Also, if a fully powered ava and a fully powered sx were played at 20hz, which would be louder?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 298
i think the SX would be loudest, i haven't heard the ava or the mtx... so idk

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4363
at 20 hz the ava would be the loudest. at 45 hz the sx would be the loudest

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4364
20hz is a very low tone almost below the human range of hearing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
see, im askin this bc my friend thinks the 9500 is loud and he is thinkin bout gettin an sx and im thinkin bout an ava. from what iv seen, the ava and sx are basically louder than the 9500 at any lvl, and the ava is louder than the sx on low notes but the sx is louder at higher ones (correct me if i'm wrong on any of this). how many watts is the sx rms and how many max?

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
and also, what does the sx normally cost? and what would be a good amp for the sx? a kicker sx1250?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 315
thast a good amp, well RE has a sail right now, and i think you can get sx's at like 250, not quite sure though

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
i no the sx's are 240 shipped rite now, i wuz talkin bout b4 the sale. also, what is a good amp for the ava? is there one that has something like the sxrc that u can buy to go w/ a kicker sx amp? the sxrc monitors how hot the amp is and can adjust how many watts to put out i think

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3130
they are about 290 shipped without the sell, and i have kicker sx amps and they are great

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4369
I have a ava and a orion HCCA 250g4 for sale that I used to run the ava if you are interested:-)

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 338
the Ava and the SX are VERY similar in output, the Avalanche sounds a lot better and is a little louder below 40hz (mostly it just sounds better) the SX goes lower than most people give it credit for... above 40hz the SX wins (the Avalanche rolled off quick and got sorta muddy) The 9500 isnt in either subs league, dont consider that sub.

Anonymous

Overall, what would sound better? A 12" 9500 ported or a 15sx sealed?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4381
ava!

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 346
the SX is not meant to be sealed, it would be a complete waste. if you have room for a 12" ported, get a 12" SX! the 15" Avalanche sealed would be the best though out of all you have mentioned

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
james, i dont hav the money to buy an ava rite now, however, when i do (probly after Christmas) ill b wanting 2 buy it. but werent u saying at one point something was wrong w/ your ava? also, r there ne other good amps 4 the ava that also hav sumthing similar to kicker's sxrc?

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
btw i hav 170 dollars saved rite now, so i need bout 100 more for the ava, ill probly get around 200 4 Christmas

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 351
AM do you have an amp?

I think a 15" SE will be plenty for you

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
no i want the ava thats what im gonna get i dont wanna ever hav 2 change subs 4 a while. no i dont hav an amp yet but ill b gettin one. thats why i wanna no wut would b best

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 352
OK - well since you don't have the money right now, wait on Ascendant's new stuff... the Assault or Arsenal will be similar to the Avalanche, and better. I'd wait.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 135
any idea what the specs are gonna be for those new subs jw i no it doesnt say on the sight i was just wondering about the rms value

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
will any of the new aa subs be better than the ava? will ne be louder and be able 2 hit the lows like the ava and still b around the same price?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us