DVC and SVC questions

Bronze Member
Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 20
Ok what is DVC and SVC and which is better, cause I juss bought 1 15" memphis 15-PR154D Subwoofer and they told me to bring it back and exchange it for a different Ohm if I needed to and they would do it free of charge but if I have a choice of choosing if there is SVC and DVC what should i get and please explain thank you. http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/details.asp?id=59

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3237
honestly, u should buy ur amp b4 buying ur subs so u no what to get (dvc, qvc, svc, etc). The more vc's u have the more wiring options, and more power handling. What kind of amp do u have. there might be some more stuff but its late.lol sorry

Bronze Member
Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 21
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6755594&type=product&id=1087342241 703 this is the amp im thinkin about gettin, Im on a budget and it says it can push 230wrms x 1 bridged so would this work with my subwoofer?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3245
how much can u spend, cause thats crap^^

Username: Licid

Ohio USA

Post Number: 5
thats 230watts max, not rms. There are much better amps than that. Make sure the rms is 250 not the max power.

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1406
it is RMS................

"230W x 2 peak power @ 2 ohms; 115W x 2 RMS (continuous) power @ 2 ohms; 170W x 2 peak power @ 4 ohms; 85W x 2 RMS (continuous) power @ 4 ohms; 230W x 1 RMS (continuous) power, bridged"

Right there it says 230 watts RMS bridged @ 4 ohm.

if it does really put out that much power then it will work nicely with the sub.

you'll need a DVC 2 ohm sub wired with the coils in series for a 4 ohm load.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1408
not really the best quality amp in the world but if it puts out what is says it does then it will get the job done.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1409
actually it doesnt say at what ohm but im assuming its 4 because i doubt it would be 2 ohm mono stable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us