Rf Power 1501bd amp overkill for w7?

Username: Hesperian

Post Number: 6
have a 12w7....what you guys think of the SQ of an RF Power 1501bd old school amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 94
It would be alright if you could wire it for a 4ohm load. JL 1000/1 would be a good match for it if you can afford it.

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 208
just remember that W7 is 3ohms.....and will rise and lower with changing frequencies. make sure that amp can handle it!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5052
There isn't a lot of difference between a 3 ohm and a 4 ohm sub, most 4 ohm subs are closer to 3 anyway.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 415
that amp would proabably do about 1350 watts @ 3 ohm. I would personally be a little nervous to give that much power to the 12 I might be a little more accepting if it was the 13. either way it is your choice just be careful w/ your settings and don't turn it up too loud.

andruw jones
Unregistered guest
simon....that amp can MORE than handle it.
750 W X 1 @ 4 Ohms RMS
1500 W X 1 @ 2 Ohms RMS
and this amp is old school...underrated...powerful. not like the new rf which is overated and on the same level as jensen pyle and pyramid

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1367
i got the masta plan. get a DMM & tune your amplifier to put out 1000w rms....

andruw jones
Unregistered guest
trevor and how would you tune the amp with a multimeter to only put out 1000w rms?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1814
"not like the new rf which is overated and on the same level as jensen pyle and pyramid"

and which rf would that be?

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 300
i think the new RF amps are ok. the 1001bd is not a bad choice.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 417
Rockford may not be as good as it was years ago although that has not been my experience. but to consider them in the same category as pyle and pyramid is an insult to the company, anyone who has ever used Rockford and a complete joke. Pyle couldn't hold Rockford's jock. Rockford amps are still among the higher quality and still some of the most powerful amps.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 478
I agree with mikecheck9........RF amps are NOT on the same line as jensen, pyle and pyramid. Those amps are great for budget systems, and like Jake sortif said, the 10001bd, 20001bd, and 30001bd amps are nice.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1369
you set the dmm to ac voltage.... slowly turn the gain( while HU is at 3/4 volume) up until the dmm reads 63.2V

1000w tada

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 212
no what i am telling you....is the W7's impedance will drop below 2ohm....the resistance on the VoiceCoils changes alot....we just had a guy bring in his sub wondering why it friend 2 of his amps....he fried a Kicker and a PPI amp because of it....after wards i got a hold of zapco to make sure my amp wouldn't do the same and they told me about the impedance changes due to the sub! just warning ya about it....other then that it should work just fine....the more power the better as long as it's clean power!!

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1368
where are you getting 63.2 volts from trevor? Every amp is different.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1374
no they arent
but what i did not mention was the ohm load. sorry im very tired...

63.2V would be at a 4 ohm load. my bad. for a 3 ohm load you would need...

54.8V

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1375
any amp the formula voltage^2 divided by ohm load= power in watts.

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1370
Its to late for math so ill just go along with it, lol, but idk ill do some research on it some other time.

Bronze Member
Username: Mitch_001

Post Number: 55
RF Is basicly garbage.. they use generic circit bords and put them under a crome g@y rockford hood and put a price on them... they had to do that because they got bought out and the company that bought them out said we want thease amps for thease prices so they made them with cheeper materials to make more money.. so basicly they are in the same catagory as jenson, pyle ,hifonics and in my mind kicker.. blah blah blah they are now junk but old school rockford stuff is way better...

Anonymous

also they now sell rf at best buy. its just commercialized garbage. you get dorky whiteboys buying rf amps to power their jensen subs, pyle 6x9's, and optimus tweeters

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3112
lol^^^

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 303
Some of you guys are taking this a little too far...the power series rockford is so much better than pyle and jensen. im not saying i would buy it but be reasionable here.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1834
"RF Is basicly garbage.. they use generic circit bords and put them under a crome g@y rockford hood and put a price on them... they had to do that because they got bought out and the company that bought them out said we want thease amps for thease prices so they made them with cheeper materials to make more money.. so basicly they are in the same catagory as jenson, pyle ,hifonics and in my mind kicker.. blah blah blah they are now junk but old school rockford stuff is way better..."

dude. what are you talking about, lol? what company bought out rockford? they make their amps in arizona like they always have.
comparing rf to jensen and the ilk is nonsensical (was this listed in some forum somewhere else or something)? while i have to agree the chrome covered base series is quite g@y, the power series is more akin to the older punch than any other year. extremely difficult to match. they're just too expensive to purchase.

Bronze Member
Username: Alanledbetter

Post Number: 41
RF does not use cheap materials. they make sure that they have the best products that are available at that time. Look at a kicker and a rockford sub side by side and youll see a major diff. you must be on crack to think rf is the same as jenson. Go kill yourself.

joe mawmmuh
Unregistered guest
alan you are on crack
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us