What's better single voice coil or dual?

Bronze Member
Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 84
Also, what's the "voice coil" and what's that for?

The Subwoofer I want is a Sony Xplod 12" (1200w peak) 90w rms ~ 350w rms (not sure why that range). single voice coil

Does Amplifier has to be with it?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4335
if you are running 1 sub then you are going to want an amp that does about 300x1 @ 4ohms. Just to ask how much are you getting that sub for or do you already have it? this is a Voice coils purpose. When a current is passed through the coil of wire, called the voice coil, it generates a magnetic field. This electromagnet interacts with the field in the magnetic gap and the voice coil moves. The direction of movement depends on the direction of current flow through the VC. Since audio is an AC waveform, current flows in one direction and then changes polarity, the VC moves either forward or backward from its point of rest.

Bronze Member

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 85
gracias for answering, that Subwoofer in Panama is at $50.00

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4340
well for a few more $ you could get a ID12 from image dynamics or a re12 from resonant engineering, or a v-max 12 from cerwin vega. All of those subs will sound much better then that sont and will get louder aswell for about $79.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3766
i remember u posting a while back that u all don't get too many good main stream brands - could u list back what brands u get in Panama ???....

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4342
any brand is just a click away via internet:-)

Bronze Member

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 87
We could get here Pioneer, Jbl, Kenwood, Sankey (yes crappy i know), Sony, Lg, Panasonic, JVC, Alpine, Rockford, and some other brands I dont know too much.

I reckon I will buy the XPLOD: XS-L121P5
because of

www.dealtime.com/xPR-Sony_XS_L121P5

read on

Username: Licid

Ohio USA

Post Number: 3
Don't get that sub. It is not worth it. You could probably f@rt louder than that thing. My first subs I ever got were 2 sony xplod 10's and they were the worst investment I had ever made. Stay away from sony's car audio. At least there subs anyways.

Bronze Member

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 88
ok, I appreciate your suggestion Jesse, but why most of the review point that this subwoofer is great?

I know that SONY XPLOD sucks (according to what i've red), but mucho reviews cant go all wrong, not so?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3799
It depends on the listener

Here's an example - every1 in my country loves Pioneer 306 subs , i heard a few from a short distance & they sounded ok , so naive me went out & got 2 .
Now that i got them i realised that they go put out the low bass freq i like - very loud i will admit but very poor SQ IMO . When i was shopping around 4 it a shop owner told me it gives offf high bass (he was the only guy who was honest 2 tell me ) & i did not listen .

If ALOT meaning 99% of the ppl here tells u xplodes sux then i trust them & u should too .

Of those brands u mentioned above go with Alpine . I replaced my Pio subs with 2 Rs & the difference is like night/day .......

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3800
"""Now that i got them i realised that they go put out the low bass freq i like"""

= typo

should be >>>>>>>>>

when i got them i realised that they DON'T put out the low bass freq i that like ......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us