Sub for sub$140

Username: Erowang

San Francisco, CA USA

Post Number: 5
I'm looking for a sub that's around the price range of $140. I'm going to sell my current 2 infinity1040s.
I'm looking at the Diamond D3, Infinity Perfect, MB Quart PWE252, alpine type R, OZ audio V12, 12" IDQ, or Dayton Reference subwoofer. Any of those better than the others? Any other recommendations?

Silver Member
Username: Safa19

Post Number: 187
id recomend the Type R you can get them even cheaper than 140 on ebay i got mine for 109 each

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 398
if your runnning just 1 make sure it is a dual 2ohm or single 4ohm speaker

San Francisco, CA USA

Post Number: 7
What's the difference? Does it just mean the sub will be able to handle more abuse?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4349
atlas 15 I will do for $150 + shipping brand new:-)

San Francisco, CA USA

Post Number: 9
I won't be able to fit a 15" in my mustang04' trunk haha. Currently my infinity 12" is sitting on it's back facing upward because space is so limited in the trunk. I may have to resort getting a truck enclosure. BUt yes, I wish I could,that would be a monster.

San Francisco, CA USA

Post Number: 10
joe ruskowski, did you get a ported enclosure? Where did you buy, online? Shipping will cost another $40 right? I might go to BB and check out the type R everyone is so damn proud of.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1836
dayton will hit harder/lower than a type r and has free shipping from parts express.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-404
http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/parts_titan ic_12_mkiii/

Bronze Member

San Francisco, CA USA

Post Number: 12
I wasn't THAT impressed with the type R. However not everything was properly setup so I have yet to hear exactly what it is capable of. I'm going to do more research and see if I can find anyone with parts that I can listen to so I know exactly what I want. The Dayton will cost about the same as a RE SE. Tough decision.

Bronze Member

San Francisco, CA USA

Post Number: 13
Actually what I heard at bestbuy were 2type E's but the best buy guy said that sound was about equivalent to a type r. Best buy prices are expensive, they were selling that 100 dollar sub for about 180! And that was with the 15%off sale.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3132
mikechec what would u compare the dayton 2,(never heard 1)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us