Taking All Suggestions

Username: Curious1

Post Number: 9
Ok guys im going to take your advice and get a new system I previously had two audiobahn 12's and a blackmaxx 1000 watt amp nothin but problems from the amp. ok what i have that i dont need to get again is a 4 gauge wiring kit, 1.2 farad capacitator, custom built sealed enclousure and I am using my stock radio but i have converted it into RCA jacks my trunk also has been coverd in sound deadener now my dad said for me to do some reasearch on the different sound systems. Baisically what i want is a perfect match Amp=sub and reliabilty i don't want an amp turning off becuse its two hot,something burning up and i would like clear bass. it would be nice for subs and amp to total around $450 and the holes for my audiobahn subs were 10 7/8 in diameter i don't no if this is standard for all 12" subs but just providing all the info possible. Thanks guys alot i really want to have whats right

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 388
I would invest in a nice amp, like a JL500/1 to start, you can get good used ones for pretty cheap on ebay. then work with the subs, it is stable from 1.5 to 4ohms(same power, and11-14.4volts) It is underrated.

Post Number: 10
oK GUYS SAY I WENT WITH TWO 12W6V2 FROM JL WHAT WOULD BE A PRETTY enexpensive anmp to drive these babys

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5060
"oK GUYS SAY I WENT WITH TWO 12W6V2 FROM JL WHAT WOULD BE A PRETTY enexpensive anmp to drive these babys"

Kicker KX800.2. Still around in some online stores, and all over ebay.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5052
You won't get much quality with your low budget. You'd be better off saving or purchasing one at a time.
Off topic:
I've finally got a chance to test Zapco amp yesterday. Although it is very expensive, well worth the price.
They seem to have different standards. That old saying, "watt is a watt is a watt" sure doesn't seem to apply.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Ok guys im going to go with JL the amp is the JLe1800D and I'll get two JL12w6v2's now is this a good match i have 4 gauge wire and a capacitator with a sealed box

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3156
that would work nice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us