4ohm & 2 ohm?.

Unregistered guest
Hi,

Im alittle confused!. How the hell do you run a amp in 2ohm mode?. Am i right in saying that you rather need a d.v.c. sub, or two single voice coil subs?. If so how do you wire both of these options up?.
Also if you had a d.v.c. sub could you run two, two channel amps bridged into it, for example one bridged into one voice coil and the other bridged into the other voice coil?, and if you can what ohm would the amps be running at?, i would think 4ohm??, if so would it be possible to run both amps at 2ohm into the d.v.c. sub?.

Please help me!.

Cheers

Chay...

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 369
Firsdt off you really do not want to run per voice coil, not the best idea, hard to get the same power going to each coil. do not use 4channel to run subs anyway, if have to use 4 hcannel use eith a dvc 2ohm or a single 4 and brdige then. and best to use just one amp, and the only way to run 2ohm per voice coil is to have dvc2ohm speakers.

Chay
Unregistered guest
thanks mate for the quick reply!, but i dont have a 4 channel amp, i have 2, [two channel amps] and they are the exact same amp! basicly i have two JBL GTO75.2 amps both bridged and wired into a eclipse dvc 10inch sub and the sound is abosolutly brillient. basicly i would like to know how the hell do you run a amp in 2ohm mode?. Am i right in saying that you rather need a d.v.c. sub, or two single voice coil subs?. If so how do you wire both of these options up?.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 375
You have 2 amps and 2 subs, if not two subs, you really need dual 2ohm subs or a single 4ohm to run it bridged. If you want to run one amp to each sub, if it dual 4s then it is going to be a 2ohm load and that amp is not stable bridged at that ohm load, hence using dual 2, you can get 4ohm load. If you ran 1voice coil per channel it would only see a 4ohm load per channel. My advice, if you need another sub and want to run 2 amps... buy 2 single 4s, or sell your amps and get a mono amp(1ohm stable) and another sub like the one you have(assuming it is a dual 4).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us