Head unit not gettin power

Bronze Member
Username: Rowlandbrown

Post Number: 36
Today I finally got round to checking what was wrong with my head unit as in the past when ever the car was turned off all the presets, clock and so on where lost. So I found that the ape that installed the unit had connected the power cables directly to the cars ignition and not through cars audio plug thingy. So I disconnected these connections and cut the cars adaptor thingy as it did not fit into the head unit and I live in the middle of nowhere and couldn't find an adaptor. Then I got a diagram off the net of what all the different cables in the connector thingy are and connected then together with the head unit cables. But now the situation is worse and the head unit appears not to get any power. Does anyone know why this might be?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2294
All that really needed to be done in the first place was wiring the battery constant (yellow) to the battery or a 12v constant source.

quote:

I disconnected these connections and cut the cars adaptor thingy as it did not fit into the head unit and I live in the middle of nowhere and couldn't find an adaptor. Then I got a diagram off the net of what all the different cables in the connector thingy are and connected then together with the head unit cables. But now the situation is worse and the head unit appears not to get any power. Does anyone know why this might be?

It sounds like your car does not have a battery constant wire going directly to the head unit. Sounds a great deal like a Ford. What is the exact make and model of the vehicle? I can provide the exact wiring diagram-that might be your problem. Otherwise, there is a bad wiring connection.

mike00001212
Unregistered guest
I am having the same problem, with my Ford Escape 2002.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us