Cheap speakers

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 721
i need some new speakers, right now i have some pos sonys and they souns like sh!t, only thing is i don't want to buy a amp to power them so im going to use my H/U, i was looking at kicker ks and dx speakers but i would like somthing that has a little higher efficancey, and i would like to keep costs under $100 including shipping and everything, and i don't want to use ebay i want brand new items. and speakers have to be 5.25 in size.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2563
thats almost impossible, if u dont use ebay everthing worth having will be more than 100

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 723
well the kickers are only $50 on woofersect so i was thinking about them, cause there rms is only 25watts.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 724
alpine type s vs kicker ks/dx speakers, the alpines are $55 and the kickers are $50 so price is pretty much the same but the alpines have a 92db sensitvity and the kickers have a 90db sensitvity, so in my application wouldn't the alpines be louder.

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 297
I've installed a set of Kicker coaxials for a girl and they sounded AWFUL. I would stick with the Alpines or go eBay, seriously it's the way to get the best deal you could ever get. You can get a pair of Phoenix Gold Xenons for around 100 shipped on eBay, you may be able to get that elsewhere, I recommend them highly.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 725
cool i'll look into those PG xenons.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 243
using the head unit will not give you efficiency.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 726
ok i found some more http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2939

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3060

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2811 [3 way]

which ones are the best.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 250
The infinity is ok

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2581
the cdt's are the best of those 3

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 727
ya i heared good things about the cdt's, but will it be ok to power them with the H/U, since its only 10-15watts.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 728
should i just stick with the alpines, cause i'm not going to buy a amp so would the alpines fit what i need, cause my sonys sound ok at 1/4 the volume but after that its all distorted and sounds like sh!t, so would i notice a difference with the alpines, and plus i need somthing that can keep up with my Atlas subs.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 754
any1

Username: Asm3686

Post Number: 1
i dont know what to tell you there. when it comes to car audio you USUALLY get what you paid for. i have two concept hz-124's in my s-10 and they pound. i have then in a crummy sealed box and i hit 127 dbs, i am in the process of building a ported box for them, the new box is just like my buddies (we have the same set-ups, two hz-124s and a CD-810 amp) he has his in a ranger and he hit 154 dbs. so im looking to hit a little higher than that, because i got a cap just recently and i am feeding it more voltage than he is so we will see. i paid $80 a piece for the subs brand new ($220 retail) and i paid ($270 for the amp retails for 499). i most definetly did not expect what i got for the money. concept is the way to go if your looking for cheap good sounding stuff. i would look on www.hifisoundconnection.com to see what you can find there, that is where we got our stuff. great prices!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us