Good Subwoofers,

Silver Member
Username: Karam

Post Number: 107
about one year ago when i got in to car audio. i didnt really know which brand was better than the other. and i went and got a pair of audiobahns AW152n link: http://www.redlineracing.dk/shop/default.asp?ProductID=0365

when they arrived i was like wow!, and could not wait to hear them. i built two ported boxes for them to custom fit in my BMW 318i E36. i then started to search for amps, i didnt really know what was the right one to get at the time. and i got a 4ch 1600w amp, it only had a 40A amp fuse on it. i was only using one sub in the car for about 8 months, i realised i was underpowering the sub alot, i finally got some cash and i got a MTX 1501D, This is the best thing i have got so far lol. i hooked everything up both subs and it was then wired at 2ohms, and it was pumping the subs hard. i set the gain correctly making sure not to kill them, and the gain was set very lowless than a quarter.
Anyway i went out for a test drive and after ten minutes i started smelling some smoke lol. i was thinking it was comming from the outside threw tha fans, but when i got home, i opened the boot, and a rush of smoke came out. and it was comming out of the sub port just out of one sub theo, the old one, i had been using with the previous amp. and the other sub was fine. so i was a bit confused. any way i knew the sub was gone. i took it apart and saw that the voice coil was gone. actually one of the strands was like stuck between the coil part and the magnet, making the speaker hard to push up and down.
anyway the other sub is still in the car and working? i think that the subs are UNDERATED alot.
so im looking for two subs 15" so that they will fit in the ported boxes i have built. the amps rating is below

MTX THUNDER1501D
• RMS Power measured at 12.5 Volts DC:
500 Watts x 1 into a 4 Ohm load with less than 2% Thd+N
1000 Watts x 1 into a 2 Ohm load with less than 2% Thd+N
• Dynamic Power measured at 14.4 Volts DC:
750 Watts x 1 into a 4 Ohm load
1500 Watts x 1 into a 2 Ohm load
• Signal to Noise Ratio: ≥100dB A-Weighted
• Damping Factor: >100
• Frequency Response: 20Hz-200Hz ± 3dB
• Maximum Input: 8Vrms
• Thunder EQ: Variable Bass Boost (0-18dB) centered at 40Hz
• Crossover: Variable 40Hz to 200Hz, 24dB/Octave Low Pass
• Dimensions: 17.8" x 9.75" x 2.1" (45.3cm x 24.8cm x 5.3cm)THUNDER1501D

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 741
no acutally audiobahn subs are overrated so u were probally giving them too much power, as for subs look into kicker cvr, alpine type r, eclipse AL, re se,or mabey one re sx, or a eclipse ti.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3453
get 2 15" RE SE subs ......

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 742
i'd take one 15inch eclipse ti and build a nice ported box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
yes i found that out by giving them the stated power they required,

please let me know what RE SE subs are, i never herd of them.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 745
http://www.reaudio.com/html/

Dicky
Unregistered guest
i'd go with either 1 cadence Wild Beast 15, or 2 Cadence Ultra Drive 15's

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
right ok,

thanks for the input, could you guys give me prices as well by any chnace?
second hand and new

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
the RE SE are dual 4 ohm, can i wire them up to make 2 ohms? dont think so, i can only use one of them.
cadence sound good, never herd of them either
looks like good build quality

dustin, what is the 15inch eclipse ti like? (i dnt really wana build another box all over again lol

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3460
oh shucks right ,ur amp cannot go down to 1ohms - guess we all missed seeing that ..lol

then look @ Diamond audio 600wrms D6 2ohms subs ......

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 746
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2004 heres one, i heared that they are great sql subs get very loud and have great sq, you could only power one but that would be loud enough for most ppl, and you can probally find them cheaper if u look around online.

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
ok they both look great, which one should i get??
now the other problem is i live in the uk, i think the only us shop for me is ebay.
im deffently gona get one in maby 3-4 months. do you think i should decide now and save up and get it? or will there be better by then?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3467
well i say 1st have the $ in hand & then post back when ur ready ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
lol, but what should i bank up to? $400 good?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3469
a grand will get u some shweeet subs but realistically prolly around $500 .......

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
lol ok, around £350 pounds not much really, so im thinking why not £500, it will be $1000. i think ill wait a bit lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us