Unequal volumes,.

Username: Clamchowder01

Post Number: 1
My problem is that the left speakers arent as loud as the right speakers and I sit in the drivers seat. The right side is louder even when im right next to the left speakers. When I listen to the same CD in another car, the left speakers are louder or equal to the right side. I have a alpine CDA-9853 head, in the front alpine component type R 6.5" spr17ls speakers, in the back alpine type R 6.5" coaxial spr17lp, and a 50X4 alpine V power amp. Couple times there was a loud buzzing sound from the left speakers. I havent heard the buzzing sound for a while, but I know something is wrong. I took it back to the place where they installed but they told me that some cd's are recorded with the volumes not balanced between the left and right channels to make it sound like its the CD, but I know thats not the case, I've listened to many CDs to test, and the left side is always softer than the right side. I dont want to use balance becauuse it doesnt sound right. Can anyone help? Thanks

Post Number: 2
ALso I listen to metal like children of bodom. ANd i hear some distortion during guitar solos and whens there a lot of stuff playing.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 529
I am guessing that you have the Alpine MRP-F240 amplifier.

If So;

Use process of elimination;

• Switch the left speakers and right speakers wiring AT THE AMP TERMINALS ONLY. This will eliminate the possibility of the amp having bad left channels.

• Has the problem reversed?

• If so, then it's your amp.

• If not, then check the HU the same way.

Other things to take into consideration are;

• Check your RCA's (swap them out with another set)

• Check your Gain settings on the amp. Does this amp have separate left and right channel Gain knobs? If so, are they both at the same level?

"Couple times there was a loud buzzing sound from the left speakers"

• It may be a short somewhere in the circuitry. Ugh this = spaghetti.
• Is the amp installed in a secure place where nothing may come in contact with the terminals on the amp? Make sure that nothing may cause a short.

• It may be that there is interference between the audio wires (RCA or speaker wires) and power wires. This happens when the audio wires are near power wires. Rule of thumb is to keep audio wires away from any power wires.

This interference may have caused permanent damage to your amp or HU.

Post Number: 3
I reversed wire at the amp , but it did not reverse. I dont feel confident trying the HU, because I did not install it. This sucks i only had it for less than a year and there's already a lot of problems.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4974
Well, you already know the CD explanation is a line of BS. In addition to what mixneffect has already said, most cars do have a right side bias when the speakers are in factory locations. Japanese sedans (Accords, Civics, Camrys, etc.) are pretty bad for this in my experience, I don't have a clue what you drive, though. Different cars give different results. This is the downside of having a left speaker far off axis with the right side closer to on axis, a good bit of midrange and treble will be louder from the right side. You can't really fix that unless you get speakers optimized for off axis performance or you do a custom installation such as angled door locations or kick panels. Balance helps, but it doesn't fix the problem. If you were to lean forward directly in line between the speakers and the left is still quieter, then the problem lies within the electronics or perhaps a bad speaker.

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 216
JONOTHAN
I need you to tell me a good set of coponets i can get for $200 I did think about chads speakers
I want her to have somthing quality

i am looking into cdt as well never heard of them
give me your advice the clearest speaker that can handle 100 watts

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4975
$200 isn't a lot, but CDT is a good bang for the buck at that price. JL XRs can also be had for that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
wich 1 would you choose?

i still dont know how to pic coponets. I know what too look for in amps and i think subs but not comps yet

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4978
CDT if you're installing in a stock door spot, JL if you're going the custom route.

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
would the same be apply for my setup?

stock door spot diamond hex

custom rainbow???

Post Number: 4
I guess my problem is that the left side doesnt have a full range of sound as the right side even when i sit in the passenger seat. Also I drive a 91 Honda Accord.

Post Number: 5
Also when I sit in the passenger side in the front, the right side is still louder. I can hear everything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us