Excelon sub boxes for dummies

Username: Kadmiral

Poulsbo, WA US

Post Number: 1
I've read all of the threads about building your own box, and in all of them people mention sites that tell you step by step how to build a box for your subs. I've never built a sub box before. I've worked in the construction trade for many years, I know I can build a box. But I don't know what size I need. I don't know where to go to find that out (On the outside chance anyone here wants to do my research for me, I have two 10" Kenwood Excelons, kfc-xw1002dvc). I know these subs can be free air, but I don't know how much of a loss I would get, in db's or in sound quality. If someone could either tell me what size box I need or a website where I can find out, I can install my subs. I don't really care what the box looks like, It's not a show car. And I don't listen to very much rap, I just want something to give my music a little extra oomph. I was planning on using MDF, because I already have some, but I was wondering if HDF would be better. As a side note, I've seen many posts talking about car resonance, but none say exactly what it is, or how it affects anything specifically. I have a '91 BMW 525i. I realize that there are many questions in this post, but answers to any of them would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 760
bump for this guy cause he is a new member.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2922
thats too many ? & explanations 2 type so i will have 2 point 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-ymhkeYjMfQy/learningcenter/car/

&

www.bcae1.com

Username: Kadmiral

Poulsbo, WA US

Post Number: 2
Thank you Rovin for pointing me in the right direction. After a quick survey of these sites they look like they will be able to answer all of my questions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us