AMP Help... what's step no.1?

cowman0607
Unregistered guest
i ripped out my tape deck the other day and bought a 2 channel (2 x 120W) amp the next day, after that i bought 2 x 170W speakers.. all good until the guy at the shop tells me i need to buy a wire/cable kit.. i tell him that i already have all the cables sticking out (inc. pos, neg, ground ect.) then he picks up the "wire-pack" and asks me if the wires where the same size (they looked about 5mm thick in the packet) i explained to him that my cables where half the size, and he told me that that size wont do (that it mite not work at all).. so is he right?? do i realy need this "kit" - or can i just plug everything using the "stock" wires?
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 840
Yes, you do need a wiring kit, you cannot use the stock wiring. You can get away with hooking up a cd deck to your stock wiring because it doesn't put out much power but that is about it. Go pick up a complete 8 guage wiring kit.

Besides you are going to need some kind of head unit before you can get music to go to your 2 channel amp. And then just use the stock wires that you pulled out to hook up your new cd deck and then hook everything else up from there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us