Where should i mount...

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 789
My infinity kappa component's tweeters? I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer. I would like to have the simplest install with the best SQ. Should I put them in the door about stomach high facing straight out of them? Or should I mount them on the doors by the dash angled toward me? I really have no idea, help!

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1049
i wouldnt face it towards you...it might drown out everything else...face it towards you but not at your ear...Ya know?

Hows the gas mileage on Lancers?

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 659
don't you have a space on your dash?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2791
some ppl say aim them @ your ears but imo i find that kinda annoying so laying them flat on your dash (sound boucing off windshield) or on the door is where i like mine , heck i even install some shin & knee height & still hear it well . Its all a matter or personal preference since its u who has to hear it ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 790
What about drilling a whole in the little triangles (don't know the technical name) on the door where it meets the rest of the car. Ford Mustang's have their tweeters there facing directly across the car... Would that work?

Silver Member

Post Number: 791
gas mileage on the lancers isn't bad. All I drive is in the city and I get about 25 MPG. I drive it kind of hard though. But the good part is, if I floored it at every light (and it is fairly fast for being such a small engine) the gas mileage doesn't drop too much.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2818
put some double sided tape on your tweeters & experiment with different locations to hear how u like it ......

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 310
my car is similar(galant) and i have mine mounted on the power mirror sill i think thats what you were trying to think of earlier but anyway i have mine right there on that sail looking part of the door and they sound great.

Silver Member

Post Number: 792
Do you have them surface mounted or flush mounted? I probably will just do it surface. Are they facing straight across pointing at each other or what? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 311
i have them surface mounted and they're pretty much facing each other. it sounds really good though b/c the sound just travels straight across to my ears and you can hear every detail.

Silver Member

Post Number: 795
Like say - is a tweeter and O is the seats

- -
O O

(mounted on either side of the doors right by the power mirrors where the little dark triangles are). Would that still work because they will be facing each other about 1 foot or so in front of me at neck level or so.

Silver Member

Post Number: 796
bad picture. Didn't represnt what I was thinking very well.
- = tweeters _ = just space O = seats

-_______________-
O O

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 778
i really can't tell what you are trying to do there. before i installed my tweeters, i got a double sided tape and tried a few places. i tried the top of the door, by the side mirrors, and a few other places. the best place was where my stock ones use to be. on top far corners of the dashboard. when i tried facing them toward me, my ears couldn't take it. that is just my prefrence. i am not speaking for everyone else.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us