Better Sub????

Username: Lochased

Post Number: 1
so i am finally deciding to install my system

i got a 03 GTI.

I have a Phoenix Gold Ti 600.2 as an amp.

I need to help on deciding on a Good sounding subwoofer..so pelase don't recommend a JL Audio or crap like that.

I am looking for a single 10" I was thinking maybe about a Eclipse Ti series sub..wich I have heard before. Or maybe a 10" Elemnetal Design A-Series. friend recommended.

I am looking for SQ here..Not something with boomy bass. CAn you guys think of others subs out there that i might like? any recommendations on either sub that I mentioned are welcome

thanks

Username: Vance

Post Number: 2
Brahma 12" Sound very good and hit crazy hard. Seal it and you will be set!

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 23
guy who installed my stereo had a GTI with a custom fiberglass install he did himself. had an eclipse 15" aluminum where the spair goes, so the sub fires upward. also had a 30 band eclipse eq, game cube, stinger 3 farad super cap, 2 eclipse amps, fused stinger distribution blocks all in like a "U" shaped that kinda went around the sub, it like curved a little, so more like a half circle. also had an eclipse 7" dvd,mp3,cd player, 200 amp alternator, stinger battery, and 2 digital stinger gauges in a custom fiberglass attachment below the monitor. his car was showcased down in daytona last year under the eclipse tent. i also bought a 15" eclipse aluminum, and its a great sub. i asked him about the titanium and he said it wasnt that much of a difference, and for the extra money it wasnt really worth it. eclipse are amazing subs, they sound so clear. i would def recommend them. they are what u want if ur looking for sq. also get some dynamat, it will make it sound much better, no rattling, just pure clean bass. he had 3 layers of it in his entire car, and u can def tell the difference. up to you if you want to get the titanium, just telling you my experiences with the aluminums, but eclipse is the right idea for you.

Anonymous

an adire shiva or tempest would also fit the bill very well they sound amazing

Post Number: 2
i thought that Brahmas are meant fpr SLP competitions...Just plain load with out much control...

Username: Vance

Post Number: 4
No Brahmas are not just for SLP. Now im not saying that there not loud, they are, but they a very good sounding sub too.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 467
yea, brahmas have excellent SQ and high SPL levels too

if you're going for huge SQ and not alot SPL, i would reccomend a pair of e10k's, elemental design subs - they sound excellent, but dont get extremely loud

actually,t hats what i have - a pair of e10k's and im running 400w rms to each one and they sound amazing in a 2 cube ported box tuned to 29 Hz

Post Number: 3
I see..the thing is that I just heard a friends Elemental Design B series 12" his running a PG 1200.1 amp. the subwoofer sounded loud but not I was not happy with the SQ it was not very controlled. maybe the fiberglass box he made is not correcct..i don't know. so I was looking to hear some opinions on some other subs.

what do you guys think of Kove Audio???anyone ver heard one?

SQ
Unregistered guest
go with the brahma, put in the right box and the sq will be amazing, i own one and i bought the box made for the brahma 12, and i use a kicker 600.1, just get the gains right and go to a local sq compition, you will win or come close

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 469
kove audio isnt very good stuff from what ive heard - cheaply made stuff like lanzar, legacy, boss, pyle, pyramid, rockwood, etc...

Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 3
Go with what the people in the thread suggest but change your attitude towards JL, JL is a highly respected sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us