Problem with eclipse head unit

puzzled joe
Unregistered guest
ive got an eclipse cd 5423 head unit...it has worked flawlessly...with absolutly no problems whatsoever...but when i got in my car today after work the cd player wouldn't work...the radio worked fine...but the cd player couldn't read a disc...the disc would pop in and out on command...but it wouldn't play...whats really puzzling me is that i listened to a cd right b4 i left my car to go to work...and i turned my car off and didn't think anything of it...on the display it said "info 3" its never said that b4 could somebody with a little knowledge help me...o yea and i did try multiple cds so its not just a bad cd...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1976
Have you tried a lens cleaner?

Denis_A
Unregistered guest
I'm kinda curious about this problem also. My JVC deck just did the exact same thing a few weeks back. The CD player is pooched but the radio and AUX still work. I tried a lens cleaner CD but no luck. I also tried to take apart the unit to check the lens but could not get to it for a closer examination. any help is appreciated.

Anonymous

The same thing happened to my clarion HU, and customer support told me that I need to have the lens re-adjusted, and their service dept was the only place to do it. So, now I'm just looking to buy a new HU.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1985
What model is your headunit?

epattonm
Unregistered guest
Mine is a Clarion DXZ735MP. Not sure if that was directed to me or not (I accedently chek the anonymous box)

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1986
You're not going to trash it, are you?

epattonm
Unregistered guest
Not sure? Why? Do you know of a fix for it? Or are you inquiring to buy?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1988
I just think it would be a waste to trash it.

If you're really planning to take that route, I might buy it...

epattonm
Unregistered guest
I love this HU. That's why it upset me so much that t "broke" or whatever happened. For this same reason, I am considering the new model of 845MC. If you want it, I will gladly sell it. I have references on other forums, as well as E-bay. For the sake of privacy, e-mail me at e_patton_m@hotmail.com if interested.

Unregistered guest
I have the SAME problem with my eclipse 5423! Very embarassing! if you have any development, inform me please! Kru91@hotmail.com

Anonymous

a very simple solution. if these HU's are detatchable, there is usually a reset button behind the faceplate, press this, and voila!
in my case i had to disconnect the entire HU from all power sources(ie remove the whole unit) and reinstall. presto! CD's work again! give it a shot. nothing like a free fix!

Bronze Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 23
Eclispe head units do not have a detach face. If you bought it at an authorized dealer, take it back to them and they should be able to send it to eclipse and have it fixed free of charge.

Usually lens cleaners don't do too much. if they do, they only work for a bit. Most of the time the laser is misaligned and will need to be re-aligned to work properly again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us