PLEASE HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 44
im not strapping....but if i have 2 mono amps and two subs...i want more power so i connect one amp to each sub..how do you connect it to the head unit...and..lets say the subs are each 2 ohms each..one amp would power them both at 4 ohms or 1 ohm...but when u put one amp per sub..if they are 2 ohms each..the amp would be at 2 ohms right..or two ohm stable??

tellme if i have this wrong....and for connecting it to the head unit..how would you do that???

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 159
If the Subs are 4 ohms DVC an u wired them together it all depends on how u wired, if u wired both together in parallel they would be seen by the amp as 1 ohm if u wired in series parallel they would be seen as 4 ohms ...an as for the whole how to run to amps to one head unit i assume you mean that you only have one RCA coming from the Head unit so get some Y Connection Splitters

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 164
Are you talking bout 2 ohm DVC subs ? ..man you need to Word ur questions better because i cant make out exactly what ur trying to ask

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
i meant exactly what i said

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
2 subs......2 ohms each...if you wanted two amps...you would need amps that were two ohm stable correct..because the subs are no longer wired together..therfore the load does not change from two ohms to 1 or 4 correct??

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 165
Yeah you would need two ohm stable amps ..

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 166
BTW what Subs you trying to do this with ? Maybe i can help you figure out what would be the best amps an still be at a reasonable price

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 832
Cadillac is right, you need to word a little better. Becuase if we were to take it EXACTLY as you said, you would be telling is that you have (2) single voice coil 2-ohm subs, something that does not exist. You better get your facts straight...

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 620
Blaine, sometimes HUs have two sets of RCA outs. If yours does, you just hook up one set to each amp. If not, you have two other options that I can think of. 1) You can get Y splitters and hook those to your pre outs and then hook up one set to one amp and one set to another. 2) Your amp might have a set of pre outs on itself. So you hook up a set of RCAs from your HU to amp 1, then from the outs on amp 1 to in on amp 2.
If the subs are SVC 2 ohm, then you'll need two ohm stable amp for each sub. You probably want these subs to be the same make/model/size and the amps the same as well.
Issac: Why can't there be 2 ohm SVC subs?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 833
Not saying they couldn't possibly make SVC 2 ohm subs, but have you ever heard of one? I know I definately haven't. If someone can give me proof that would be cool, until then though, I don't think they make them.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 185
He doesnt have 2 ohms SVC eitherway ...he has 4 ohm DVC he was just saying he would want them to be running at 2 ohms to each amp....He just said it in a confusing Fashion

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 181
If the amp has a line out rca, use sub output to 1st amp input, then rca's from line out on 1st amp to rca in on 2nd amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
i actualy wasnt talkjing about any specific subs...i was just making sure that when u use two amps..one to each sub..the ohms dont change..hypothetical situation...i used 2 ohms svc without even thinking sorry to confuse u all

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
http://www.jbl.com/subwoofer.htm

they have single 2 ohm voice coil subs on that ..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us