Need some insight...

Username: Brock9

Post Number: 3
What is best for my 10" Kicker Solobaric (Square)?
I have a wood box that is airtight, but have read about newer material boxes and bandpass boxes and am not sure what the best would be for my 10" Solo baric??
Any insight would be helpful!!

Anonymous

alls i can say is 3/4" fiber board is best for making boxes the less flex and ratles the wood has the better, you can go larger than 3/4 but i have never seen a need for it

air tight boxes put out a clearer sound and acts like another spring to the sub thus making it harder to blow

then there is ported these boxes are good because they can be tuned to get the most out of your sub and get realy load but in my opinion i wouldnt use one because the sub moves almost freely so it is easier to blow

bandpass boxes are great for tuning your subs to do what they seid the sub couldnt do and filtering out distortion but just because you cant hear the distortion doesnt mean that your sub is running safe you could be pushing it to hard and not even know it

for your sub i would use a transmition box they arnt sealed there like ported but they kinda let the sound build up for a bit before it comes out so you get a nice clear and load sound from it kicker makes nice ones for your sub that wont take up much room

this is one kind of transmition box http://www.diysubwoofers.org/tls/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us