Need 10inch sub for small sealed box ~400rms

Silver Member
Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 175
im getting rid of my 2x aw1206t's- i know yall hate audiobahns... but they hit 147db in a ford ranger extended cabs. I need my back seats, so i want a 10 inch sub that is about 400+ rms, that will go well in a sealed box that is less than a cubic foot, any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Big_ed

Post Number: 104
jl audio 10 inch W6v2

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
i forgot to mention 2 things, i need dual 2 ohm voice coils (w6v2 is dual 4 only), and i need the sub to be less than 5 inches deep.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
i forgot the word for it, but there is some # that says weather the sub should be in a ported or sealed box, the 60's-70's were acceptable for sealed or ported, and the 80's for ported only, and 50's sealed only, it was some kind of rating, can someone refresh my mind what the word was?
and does anyone know what that rating is for this sub:
http://sonicelectronix.com/item_1817.html#
i want to put it in a small sealed box but im wondering if it made for ported boxes only or not. Also i cant remeber, is it the samller box the more power you need , or the bigger box the more power your need (sealed boxes).

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 163
you're talking about the EBP it's just an estimate and the subs will work in whatever box you decide to build for them if it's built right. The best example of this I can give you is the EBP for my Soundstream SPL MULES that have an EBP of 29.1 but I ran them in 2 cubic foot vented boxes and hit 150.6 legal at the dash. As for the Audiobahn I'd skip on it because: A. it's Audiobahn B. It can take 1000 watts RMS and you asked for one in the 400rms range. This is about the closest I could think of to EXACTLY what you requested:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-X10D2-10-XENON-SUBWOOFER-SUB-WOOFER-800W_W0QQit emZ5829117653QQcategoryZ3291QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 188
try the image dynamics IDQ. it'll work very well in a small sealed enclosure, 5.25" depth, and i think 300w rms, but can take alil more. try sounddomain.com to check them out, our imagedynamicsusa.com

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 189
try the image dynamics IDQ. it'll work very well in a small sealed enclosure, 5.25" depth, can get dual 2 ohm, and i think 300w rms, but can take alil more. try sounddomain.com to check them out, our imagedynamicsusa.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us