Need help wiring dvc

Username: Sexytroca

Dallas, Texas United states

Post Number: 7
ok i just bought dub1200 and they are dvc but i thought i would be messing with four wire contacts but it has eight, four per coil. how do i wire those to create a 2 ohm load. the coils are 4 ohms each. need diagram if possible, tanx.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4197
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+2+ohms+x+2&image.x=10&image.y=14

Post Number: 8
ok but you understand what i mean by they have four contacts per coil right? so i use one contact to connect to the other coil and the other one to connect to the amp? ok if so i appreciate your help.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 354
there are four terminals per coil so you don't have to bunch up 2 cables in to one.

Post Number: 10
ok i got both my subs in a bandpass box i had with my old kenwoods in it. my kenwoods were svc so hey were bad combo with my amp. i wired the dubs into 2 ohms eahc and wired them to a boss amp 2 channel. under 2ohm resistance the amp puts out 600 watts per channel. i just want to thank these two guys up here for their help with my questions. i also want to let you all know that who ever dissed a boss amp before, i invite you to listen to my system and then make your decision on how crappy they are. they sound so awsome that for the price its not possible to get anything better.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 421
that nice sound is only gonna last until you hear someone else with a better system. then everything sounds like sh!t. it sux man. i can never be happy with what i got. enjoy while it lasts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i already have. my homeboy has two infinity 12s on a five hundred dollar audiobahn amp. i dont know what model amp becasue it didnt grab my attention becasue of the price. he is running 400 watts to each sub and it sound way better then mine. i am running more wattage but i think he can beat mine becasue my amp wiring kit is smaller gauge since it was on kenwood subs.also my bass is overwelmed by rattleling from my rear panel and my cab shell. i plan to get a roll of fat matt to take care of this problem. also i was suggested to get a bigger wiring kit but for the current it will draw and the wattage i am running i think i will need a capacitator. as for the my ghetto amp, i kept all the tunning low to prevent it from destroying. its running at peak power so i dont want to stress it out too much. it sounds good for the price(wasted 350 dollars for the whole thing). also is fatmatt a good choice, dynamatt is really pricy so thats out. would you recommend a new wiring kit if i apply the fatmatt, would it make a significant enough difference for the extra cost? tanx for help, i am very pleased with the sound but i agree i wont be happy until i get everything out og it i can possibly get.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us