IS IT WORTH IT?

Username: Tonybones

Post Number: 10
My local pawn shop is selling 3 12inch audiobahn subwoofers inside a sealed audiobahn box with all 3 chrome grill fronts on all 3 woofers.They are 500rms each and he wants $300. Is it worth it?

AND

He is selling 2 15inch KICKER CVR inside the sealed box for $300.

Is any of this worth it.If so which to get?

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 153
You can get the 15" off ebay for about 200 and a box for about the same, and the warranty probably the same, and they are new.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 955
that isnt very bad on the kickers or audiobahns...get audiobahn for loud or comps for loud and clear

Bronze Member
Username: Bga44

Post Number: 83
ive seen 15" CVR for about $130 online at other places. this is cheap site:http://store.yahoo.com/vipmobileonline/26.html

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 659
Ty, that 15" CVR shouldn't be more than $140 on E-Bay. Two Cerwin Vega Vmax 12's go for about $180 a pair (new model) and they are louder and have much more SQ. So whoever is selling a 15" CVR for $200 on E-Bay is ripping people off.

Also, the way your post reads Tony, is that you can get 3 12" Audiobahns in a sealed box, OR 2 15" CVR's in the same sealed box?!?!?!?

I don't think it wise to put only two subs in a triple enclosure, and I think it near impossible to put 2 15's in a triple 12" enclosure as an addition...Explain sir!

Silver Member

Post Number: 660
Alex, I checked out that store, and they're selling old model Cerwin Vega subs at rediculous prices...That site is not cheap...

Especially the CV IT series, being discontinued and all...they shouldn't jack up the prices on really old model gear like that just because they were dumb enough to buy that old stuff in bulk like 4 years after it came out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I am talking about they both have their own enclosure.I have chosen to get the audiobahns but, I need an AMP,EQ,and Head Unit.ALso the audiobahns they only have the 1 pair of terminals on the back of the box.They are the lug lock terminals.Does that mean all three are wired 2gether?

Silver Member

Post Number: 668
Yes, they are all three wired together. However, this is where impedance issues come in, and the fact that whoever did the wiring, hopefully, knew what they were doing.

Before buying, ask what the total impedance of all three subs that are wired together are. Hopefully it's between 2-3 ohms.

Head Units...People argue about them all the time lol. But I'd have to say for your application, Alpine, Kenwood, or Pioneer Premier series would do you well.

And an EQ...well I see it this way, the more bands the greater the amount of control you have over individual frequencies. I, however, don't suggest going out and buying a 20 Band Audiobahn EQ. If you can't afford a higher end EQ with more bands, get the higher end EQ with less bands, or save up.

I've run my share of home EQ's (not much different than car EQ's minus subwoofer controls and such), and the higher end ones generally provide a nicer pitch bending ability IMO.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2391
I'd pick the CV & for a good deck u can get the Premier 860 with 13 band built in EQ for around $300-$330 like i did .....

Bronze Member
Username: Bga44

Post Number: 92
that place has some cheap things. some are expensive. the L7 i believe is the new model 15" is only $235 or somethin. I hope DJ will be back soon cuz that is the most legit cheap site

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 103
anything that is Audiobahn an around 500rms is either 4 ohms DVC or 4 ohms SVC ..if all three are wired together an they are 4 ohms DVC you can only get either a O.67 ohm load or a 2.67 ohm load, an if all three are 4 ohms SVC you can only get a 1.34 ohm load

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 223
Does anyone know how to fast forward time to monday? My ava should be here then... Any help appreciated. Thanks lol.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 382
just take a bunch of sleeping pills now and you'll sleep til monday.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
The audiobahn box with the 3 12inch woofers is the actual box itself.This is not a box that someone just put the woofers in.It came like this from the factory it self.The box has big audiobahn stickers on it and it is like a leather box...not carpet

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 104
I know fo the boxes an they sell them without subs in them as well as with subs in them

Silver Member

Post Number: 671
Chad...He'll also sleep through Monday...and the day after, and the day after that, and after that, and a month from now, and a year, and all of eternity! ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL SiX to KILL HIMSELF?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1339
just watch C-Span u will fall asleep fast

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 393
oh my bad. i don't think he is dumb enough to take my advice now.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 106
its not a good Deal Bones because u can pick those subs up all over the place for about 50 bucks each brand new with warranty..unless you think the pretty leather box an cool chrome Grills are worth the Extra 150, but im not a person that cares too much about pretty or cool so i say get much better subs for 150 each an at most audio places if you buy two subs for 150 each they will throw in a nice plain sealed or vented box an most the time you can even talk them into droppin the taxes

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Thanx for that advice cadillacDb.That pawnshop is always trying to jip people by giving them less for their product and then they will sell it for more.I want him to bring the box down to atleast $250.I really don't want to order online because of the high S&H but, if you still got them 2000rms when I get ready to purchase woofers I will be more than glad to get those off your hands for $380.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 123
Orderin Online isnt all that bad but Ebay usually Doesnt offer good Warranty's an even if they do offer a warranty through them who knows if that seller will actually be in Business longer then a month or two.. im not saying ebay is all bad or anything because ive bought lots of stuff off ebay just never anything that has to do with Car Audio, mainly just a shirt here an there or a PS2 game or a Gamecube Game or somthing along those lines..but a good Store that offers a Warranty through them an also gives free shippin on any orders over 99 bucks is http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=19

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 124
Orderin Online isnt all that bad but Ebay usually Doesnt offer good Warranty's an even if they do offer a warranty through them who knows if that seller will actually be in Business longer then a month or two.. im not saying ebay is all bad or anything because ive bought lots of stuff off ebay just never anything that has to do with Car Audio, mainly just a shirt here an there or a PS2 game or a Gamecube Game or somthing along those lines..but a good Store that offers a Warranty through them an also gives free shippin on any orders over 99 bucks is http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=19
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us